Overall Job Purpose:
The security of information is critical to the ongoing success and reputation of the SCC Secure Data Centre Services business. The role of Security Architect will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to work closely with the business across a broad range of activities (projects, new product developments, business processes & stake holder advice) to ensure that information is used in a secure and appropriate manner. To lead the requirements, definition, design and technical governance of solutions in a platform, pre-sales and delivery capacity. To ensure all solutions are produced according to the customer and/or platform requirements and to ensure solutions are fit for purpose. To lead and own the creation of security architectures across multiple hardware and software platforms in a large-scale heterogeneous systems environment.
Main Duties of Job:
• Lead security engagements with customers and/or internal teams to ensure design of technical solutions are in line with the security requirements and standards
• Support customer aligned Solution Architects with Security roadmaps and improvements
• Work with internal departments and teams to shape services and products offered from the data centre
• Support in the creation of design documentation for information security controls, technologies and standards.
• Lead the design and architectural blueprints for the Security Services technology, such as SIEM, in line with SCC standards
• Lead on the creation of common security requirements for all Datacentre designs
• Ensure designs are logical, complete and end to end, fit for purpose and can be abstracted for multiple views and audiences.
• Lead on the creation and maintenance of security technology roadmaps taking emerging and future technology advances into consideration.
• Support the creation of a cost model to ensure services and platforms developed are profitable, scalable and well suited to the business model
• Act as a Security design authority for all solution designs
• Assist with the implementation of SCC and customer projects into the datacentre and at customer sites as appropriate
• Support the capacity planning and management programme for data centre services and/or customer solutions
• Support the creation of technical documentation for all platform services for the data centre and for customer sites as directed
• Communicate with senior management to coach, report on and lead discussions on strategies for existing and emerging technologies and emerging customer needs
• Run seminars and workshops for customers, internal teams and external events for security technologies and/or technology solutions offered from the data centre.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with security solutions and technology stack with an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
• Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in implementation and support of information security technologies
• Detailed technical knowledge of Information Security configuration and controls across multiple technologies such as Firewalls, Anti-Virus, Encryption, IDS/IPS, SIEM, RAS, MFA, MS Directory Services, Exchange, VMWare, Citrix/VDI, Networking, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers
• Appropriate certifications within Information Security (CEH, CISSP, Security+)
• Experience of compliance requirements/standards (examples ISO27001, PSN, GPG13, PCI)
• Ability to document security requirements for use by peers in solution design
• Exposure and experience of technical architecture frameworks including but not limited to TOGAF, ISEB and Zachman
• Experience of customer life cycle management particularly pre-sales, strategy, requirements analysis, technology planning, project management, proposal writing and customer presentations.
• Experience of working in a multi-client environment and Cloud Technologies
• To have SC security Clearance or be able to undergo the process of SC clearance.
• Certifications in core technology platforms (MS, VMWare, Storage (Netapp, EMC), Citrix, Networking, Checkpoint, )
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent
• Qualifications in enterprise, solution or technical architecture to include TOGAF, ISEB and Zachman
• Experience of working in a managed services solutions provider
• Experience of delivering IT Strategies to large enterprise grade organisations
• Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (Prince2, ITIL v4, PMP, MSP)
• Experience of working in a Security Operations Centre and in implementing and supporting a SIEM platform