Overall Job Purpose:
To develop and manage a team of people who in turn manage the relationship between SCC and the customers within the designated territory.
• Day to day management of the sales team. The creation and ongoing management of a pipeline of opportunity in line with the expectation of the business, weekly forecasting and overall financial management of the territory.
• Build and maintain relationships with the wider SCC management team, ensuring that the sales team are familiar with all of SCC’s service offerings.
• Build and maintain relationships with the senior contacts of the customers and prospects within the territory
• Build and maintain relationships with the vendors who operate in the territory
• Carry out regular performance reviews and ensure all team members are performing to expectation.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• Previous sales management experience in a similar sized organisation or 5 years or more experience as a high performing sales person.
• Ability to manage virtual teams and bring together a coherent message for the customer
• Be able to manage healthy conflict
• Be able to hold relationships at board level and demonstrate a track record of having done so
• At least 5 years experience in the IT industry
• Ideally, existing contacts in the vendor community or a demonstrable track record of having built and maintained external partner relationships