Reporting to the Service Operations Manager (Change, Configuration & Release Management); Assisting Release Managers to manage and implement the releases for changes through development, test, and production environments. The Release Management function works collaboratively with all participants in the deployment of releases, As a Release Analyst you will work closely with relevant stakeholders such as projects managers, technical support teams and business stakeholders while assisting Release managers to implement changes successfully.
You will have an opportunity to co-ordinate the deployment of Releases for multiple customers, where by you will be responsible for the scheduling and the management of release activity. The releases can be inclusive of application updates, security improvements, or Projects/Program deployments.
• Coordinating the day to day Release activities
• Ensure that all reports are accurate prior to distribution
• Ensures all Releases are implemented against SLA commitments.
• Monitors compliance of existing Releases; ensuring the correct validation and approval process is followed.
• Acts as a point of reference for questions, queries &, suggestions relating to current or planned Releases.
• Maintains the on-going data integrity of the release.
• Highlights any Release management scheduling conflicts and deviations according to established practices, and obtains advice when precedents are unclear or unavailable.
• Adheres to Change and Configuration Management methodologies and best practices.
• Evaluates and recommends methods and tools for streamlining and improving the Release process.
• Assists in the delivery against Release Management actions to support /deliver Service Improvement programs.
• Plan and direct own activities with minimal management supervision.
• Participates in analysis of Release activity and provides recommendations
• Ensures that all Release processes and related documentation are valid at all times.
• To update/distribute Forward Schedule of Release to an agreed distribution list.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
The following general capabilities will be required:
• Knowledge of Release and Change Management
• Understanding of Project Management methodologies
• Understanding of infrastructure architecture and principles
• Understanding of the SDLC in multiple technologies
• Understanding of Configuration management
• Familiarity of ITIL Service Transition
• Analytical problem solving skills
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build and develop relationships
• Good organisational skills. Can independently prioritise workload
• Demonstrable customer-facing skills
Specialist Skills and Knowledge:
The person selected for this position must be able to show that they have relevant practical experience of:
• Working with remote teams.
• Operating in a large scale and diverse environment, with a particular emphasis on following Release or Change and Configuration Management processes
• Use of Service Management software, preferably ServiceNow
• Getting things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence
• Influencing across multiple disciplines with credibility
• Data analysis
• Calm approach to difficult situations
• Ability to deliver structured detail to all levels of customer or SCC/H organisation
• Desire to develop and champion the Release Management process