SCC continues to expand and are now looking to recruit an experienced sales professional to be responsible for the identification, development and successful closure of Hardware Maintenance opportunities within designated sales region and customer account set.
This is a customer facing role with accountability for driving hardware maintenance sales within our existing installed account base and new named target customers.
The successful candidate will lead the related hardware maintenance customer engagements and proposal production to deliver all aspects of this service. The majority of the role is to proactively create and build high value opportunities by working very closely with the SCC sales force in a maintenance sales specialist capacity.
The role holder will be responsible and accountable to ensure that all design and delivery work is conducted in line with SCC’s services business and to ensure that the quality of designed and delivered solution is in accordance with defined standards for developing a long term strategy with the client.
Main Duties of Job:
- Provide commercial ownership across all stages of opportunities Provide leadership of virtual teams engaged on opportunities
- Perform regular analysis of key competitors within designated sales region and account set to assist in the sales process
- Perform structured account targeting and planning, undertaking campaign and opportunity planning to maximise sales effectiveness
- To work collaboratively with technical and services teams in defining propositions for specific clients’ needs
- To manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception to delivery start and commercial close
- Create presentations that summarise the simple business benefits of the hardware maintenance agreements
- To ensure that all design and delivery work is conducted in line with defined Technical and Business Architecture, ensure requirements are adequately and efficiently captured and are comprehensive, complete and clear before creating or proposing a solution
Skills, Knowledge & Experience
- Sales experience gained selling into Public Sector organisations
- Driven, enthusiastic and uses initiative
- Competent in planning and owning multiple sales campaigns
- Proven experience in winning infrastructure and services sales
- Ability to engage up to, and including C-level executives
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Proven ability to effectively manage and maintain long-term customer relationships
- Extensive and proven sales experience and track record gained within the IT industry
- Proven experience of selling IT Managed Services / solutions and/or Enterprise class solutions
- Good business acumen and commercial awareness
- Knowledge of hardware maintenance services and benefits
- Experience gained working for a recognised IT reseller, IT Services Provider and/or vendor /manufacturer
- Proven record of successful negotiation at senior level
- Persuasive, motivated and tenacious