AV Project Manager
We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres, Europe’s leading independent IT services organisation.
Our Audio Visual division continues to expand creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us as an AV Project Manager.
Overall Job Purpose:
- Oversee the planning, implementation, and tracking of assigned Audio Visual projects which have a beginning, an end and specified deliverables. You will be client focused and demonstrate a high level of governance throughout the project life cycle
- Provides accountability for the following elements of project delivery from purchase order through implementation, commissioning and handover to follow-on support services.
- Manage costs throughout the project, monitoring expenditure and ensuring change and variations are strictly controlled.
- Technical understanding of solutions and will assume overall control of the direction and success of projects to achieve the client objectives within budget and on time.
- Pay special attention to building the client relationship, demonstrating the SCC difference and delivering a personal, attentive service.
Main duties of the job:
The role will include but will not be limited to:
- Project planning
- Assign a project team, organise and lead project kick off meetings
- Create a detailed project plan which identifies and sequences the activities needed to successfully complete the project
- Establish clearly defined roles, responsibilities and performance criteria within the project team for governance;
- Setup project documentation, software applications and plan regular update meetings
- Create key milestones and objectives to help ensure the project is successful.
- Implement and control the project
- Execute the project according to the project plan
- Work with internal teams to progress ordering and resource booking
- Ongoing updates on all project documentation
- Responsible for the collation of project data on the SharePoint project portal as well as using bespoke software to set up and manage projects.
- Monitor the progress of the project and make adjustments as necessary to ensure the successful completion of the project
- The adoption of a disciplined life cycle governance throughout the project that includes approval gates at which viability is reviewed as well as approved recording and communicating decisions
- Establish a communication schedule to update stakeholders including internal participants
- Managing any risks or issues before escalation.
- Control and management of P&L
- Review the quality of the work completed with the project team on a regular basis to ensure that it meets the project standards
- Change control management
- Evaluation and project completion
- Ensure that the project deliverables are on time, within budget and at the required level of quality
- Responsibility for handover of project including documentation and customer satisfaction
- Obtain feedback and organise and lead lessons learnt reviews and produce findings
- Ensure all invoicing is completed and accurate
- Manage a smooth transition into support services
- Successfully closure of the project ensuring excellent governance skills so project can be reviewed at any time.
Skills, knowledge and experience:
- Able to produce project documentation to a high standard
- Able to work with Microsoft Project, Visio, and Office
- Able to understand and work with system design drawings
- Able to motivate and manage project implementation teams
- Able to demonstrate excellent governance skills
- The ability and presence to liaise with clients at senior level, external consultants and project consultants
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects
- Communicate Effectively: Speak, listen and write in a clear, thorough and timely manner using appropriate and effective communication tools and techniques.
- A thorough understanding of field based Audio Visual engineering, maintaining and operation
- A working understanding of current AV technologies, including; Audio & Video management systems, Control systems, Lighting systems, Display and Presentation technology, digital signage solutions, video conferencing solutions, AV racks, switching and signal technology.
- An understanding of AV systems and Video services integration with IP networks and existing infrastructure
- Acquired industry accreditation (Infocomm, Cedia etc)
- Conversant with Project Management best-practice and Methodologies e.g. (PRINCE2)