MPDS is the dedicated managed print services division of SCC , the leading IT services organisation in Europe .
We now have a opportunity for a talented individual to join our operation as a Production Print Consultant .
Role Overview :
To oversee the delivery, installation and training of Production Print equipment in to end user environments across the UK. This includes providing administrative support to the Production Print sales team at the end of the sales cycle and managing the install process as a project both internally and with our suppliers/partners.
Provide ad-hoc pre & post sales technical support on the solution, either remotely or onsite at the customer.
The role will cover the UK for customer projects but will based out of Manchester when not attending customer appointments.
Must be prepared to travel as this is a UK role and that will involve some overnight stays .
- Manage the implementation project, acting as key link between customer and SCC
- Monitor and manage the sales order processing process within SCC and our suppliers/partners.
- Create a Statement of Work (SoW) documents in line with agreed service pricing and specification of the solution (sold).
- Interact with finishing partners for pricing requests and own that process.
- Onsite presence during installation of hardware/software solutions. Ensure that the customer & installation team have everything they need as well as configuring the Fiery as per the SoW (statement of works).
- Conduct operator training based on the customers workflow.
- Provide technical support post sales where appropriate to the Production Print Account Director and the customer.
- General administration to support Production Print in both pre and post sales capacities
Skills, Knowledge, Experience:
- Good organisational skills and diligence to ensure that all records and kept up to date.
- Experience with using Production Printers and online/offline finishing, either within an operational environment or customer focused support role
- A good understanding of the colour management process (i.e. Fiery controller, Command Workstation)
- Good document workflow skills with an understanding of the journey files take from workstation to printer to finishing equipment.
- Strong skills with MS Office for administration and document creation
- Experience with RIP’s (e.g. Fiery/Creo/PRISMA)
- Excellent customer focus and strong communication skills
- Enthusiasm and drive to learn and develop the role
Desirable [but not essential]
- Experience with wide format / plotters
- Project Management qualifications (PRINCE 2, Lean Six Sigma etc)
- IT Networking understanding
- Colour management qualification
- Experience training customers/users
- Design software packages such as Adobe CS
Must have full and valid UK driving licence
Must be able to pass SC and background checks as will be required to attend secure sites (such as government, MOD etc)
We offer an attractive salary together with company car or ca allowance together with other large company benefits .
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.