The PMO Administrator will report to the PMO Manager. This role assists in the day-to-day running of the Portfolio Management office and supports the Head of Transition & Project Services and the PMO in governing and assuring the full Project lifecycle. The role drives the flow of management information to inform Portfolio decisions and strategy, and includes maintaining records and providing regular and ad-hoc reporting. The role provides Quality Assurance support with regard to Processes, Documentation and supports performance and customer satisfaction initiatives.
The key objectives and responsibilities of this role are as follows:
- Co-ordinate and Administrate the Project Pipeline, tracking projects and tasks and maintaining information on status
- Assist with operating and maintaining the Portfolio Project register, such that it lists information on all projects accurately.
- Maintain regular contact with Project team members to keep project status information current and up-to-date
- Publish regular reports from the project tracking database
- Consolidate the individual Risk and Issue logs of Projects within the Portfolio into the central Portfolio RAID log, and provide reporting.
- Co-ordinate Events and Training courses for project teams.
- Maintain the organisation chart for the Portfolio Organisation.
- General support of the Head of Projects and the PMO Manager.
- Desirable: PRINCE2 foundation certification or equivalent
Knowledge and Experience
- Proven experience providing support to PMO functions
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken English
- Strong Microsoft Office skills; able to manipulate data in Excel spreadsheets
- Strong relationship building skills
- Professional and positive
- Diligent, with attention to detail
- Effective communicator at all levels
- Team player, able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Ability to cope successfully under pressure and with shifting priorities
- Exposure to PRINCE2 or PMI and willing to work towards gaining PRINCE2 or PMI qualifications
- Experience working with Microsoft Project and Microsoft Visio would be an advantage.
Technical / Business Skills / Ability
- Highly organised, self-motivated and able to work on own initiative and without supervision
- Diligent, with excellent attention to detail
- Tenacious and assertive, professional and positive