Overall Job Purpose:
– Managing procurement of end-of-life or refurbished equipment for SCC sales to service client requirements
– Working with SCC supply chain partners, typically UK-based brokers to ensure commercial advantage to SCC
We are looking for someone who will proactively engage and collaborate with both SCC account managers and suppliers in order to find the best solution and fulfil requirements. The roll will require excellent communication skills and an eye for detail.
Working as part of the Supply Chain Team, you will need to ensure Outlet is in the best position to develop, uncover and close new opportunities, in order to do this you must respond effectively to requirements that come through from account managers quickly and with an eye on the commercial position for SCC.
This role gives the chance for the right individual to help shape and contribute to this exciting growing business and contribute to a key part of SCC’s Supply Chain business.
Role Responsibilities and Skills Needed:
• Proactive engagement and collaboration with both account managers and suppliers to source EOL and refurbished products to accommodate customer requests ensuring maximum business opportunities.
• Maintain and build relationships with existing and new suppliers to increase Outlet product portfolio and the products are of good standards/quality
• Create reciprocal relationships to allow suppliers the opportunity to purchase from SCC
• Identify product improvements or new products offered by suppliers and communicate the offering to Account managers
• Responding to queries effectively in a timely manner to help Account managers win business.
• Ability to work to financial targets that reflect SCC’s business plans
• Provide regular, accurate forecasts of pipeline business to the Team Leader
• Internally promote the Outlet and Supply Chain offerings to SCC sales teams
• Excellent organisational and time management skills and ability to prioritise effectively.
• Help drive continuous business and personal improvement ensuring own product knowledge is always up to date with attention to detail.
• Manage internal teams to ensure timely execution of business e.g. following up leads, quotes, proposals etc as needed
• Any other relevant duties as directed by Management
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
– Demonstrate a positive attitude, willingness to get stuck into problems and help other team members achieve their goals
– Imperative individuals can demonstrate ability to self-motivate and work in an unstructured environment
– Demonstrate track record of hitting sales targets
– Desirable to have had 2-3 years’ experience working with/in the UK broker market
– Understanding of commercial principles
– Ability to work as part of a team or as an individual to hit goals and targets
– Ability to drive new relationships internally and externally
– Proven record of advising on and executing process and strategy improvements in a sales environment
– Track record of working in a complex environment across different teams and departments
– Demonstrate the ability to learn about new products, markets etc to help guide SCC’s business
Key Measures of Success
– Hit specific turnover targets
– Demonstrate supplier network expansion over time
– Pipeline and forecasting management