Main Duties of the Job:
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
Essential – Experienced IT Support Technician with Hardware Break Fix and Software / Operating System experience.
- Previous experience in a Site based role, We require good diagnostic and problem-solving skills combined with extensive hardware break fix experience, primarily on Intel desktop, laptop and associated peripherals.
Must have a full UK driving licence. Requirements to be physically fit, lift, carry and install IT equipment and peripherals, the role will also involve some IMAC work, software re builds, desk moves, telephone patching and working in the field from time to time dependent on the customer’s requirements.
- To be predominantly based on a customer site – United Utilities Warrington, working as a Site Support Technician, configuring applications and hardware on new and existing IT related devices, devices will include Desktops, Laptops and various other IT related devices.
- To attend required sites and provide timely, quality solutions to requests for collections and installs reported by the customer. This could include reloading operating systems, building images, copying user data and other information, identifying required parts, replacing parts.
- To advise the customer of problems and keep them informed and updated of the planned resolution, escalate the call if necessary
- Proactively maintain contact with the customer and their service desk throughout the day to effectively allocate and manage calls efficiently.
- Report call information and part requirement accurately to the customer
- Acknowledge receipt of calls, manage, update and close calls using the agreed procedures and customer systems.
- To be able to start and finish work at such time to meet the required contracted Service Level Agreements.
- To perform duties consummate with the responsibly of the role and adhoc projects as required from time to time.
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues as and when required to do so
- Manage stock requirements using the agreed customer procedures and systems.
- Complete all allocated calls, maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Ensure compliance to all company and client procedures and policies
- Provide solutions or advise on technical issues encountered by self and colleagues
- Assist in testing and documenting new solutions for SCC and the customer.
- To maintain personal and professional development to meet the constant changes of the role, participating in appropriate training activities provided by SCC.
- Undertake such reasonable duties, training and/or hours of work as the business requirement dictates and which are consistent with the expected level of responsibility of the role.
- To attend regular team meetings, briefing sessions for staff and staff conference and ensure regular contact is maintained with your line manager.
- To attend regular 1 to 1’s and annual Individual Performance Planning meetings with your Manager.
- To promote SCC in a positive and professional manner.
- To ensure all storage locations, equipment and parts are kept secured and well maintained at all times.
- Carryout any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager
- Ensure the upkeep and cleanliness of the company van which will be on site for business use only.
Health and Safety Duties
- Continually identify hazards and risks and ensure adequate safety controls are in place and operating satisfactory.
- To be familiar with the Specialist Computer Holdings and client, Health and Safety policy, ensuring a full understanding of its requirement.
Employees must be aware that they have a legal duty under the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 to take all reasonable care for the health, safety and welfare of themselves and of other persons who may be affected by their acts or omissions at work.
- Communicate on a day-to-day basis with all areas of the area structure and Managers/Team Leaders.
- To communicate and update external and internal customers with issues relating to the maintenance contracts.
- Communicate requests and ideas to improve the contract, call system and practices to the Operations team leader and/or SCH UK Services senior management.
- Timely and responsive communications both internal and external