Overall Job Purpose:
To attend customer site to provide support of IT hardware and software products within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). Work efficiently and proactively to deliver IT support service to a the customer.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Repair and maintain hardware (PC’s, Laptops, Printers and associated peripherals).
- Complete software incidents to customer/manufacturer procedures and specifications.
- Installation of hardware to manufacturers/customers specification. Complete IMAC’s to manufacturers/customers specifications.
- Utilise PDA or client systems to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required SLA and reflect actual work done in real time.
- Communicate with Call Administration and the site throughout the day.
- Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely manner, returning items as directed by the Branch.
- Achieve KPI targets to include but not conclusive 1st time fix (85%), 8 closures each day
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.
- Understand and adhere to all local site specific Fire, Security and Health & Safety regulations.
- Carry out any other reasonable request as requested by your line management
- Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
- Must be professional and presentable at all times.
- Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
- Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
- Be familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
- Be familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
- Represent SCC in a professional and positive manner at all times.
- Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:
Laptop/Desktop setup and use.
General Hardware knowledge
Knowledge of current IT issues
Experience of networked systems service desk and problem solving experience
Proficient in Microsoft Windows\Office related products
Proficient in industry standard hardware items
Knowledgeable in IT best practices and procedures
General understanding of ITIL terminology and practices
SCC Technical test min score 85%
A proven track record in field based Audio Visual installations, maintenance and operation
Must have worked with corporate and/or government clients and in multi-discipline project teams, and have the ability to work with a variety of professionals
To be proficient installing modern Video Conferencing systems and AV equipment, including interactive whiteboards, projectors, screens, digital signage audio products and control systems
Ideally hold an InfoComm CTS I/S/D certification.
Ideally hold Tandberg TCAP/TCE1 Certification and completed the Polycom CVE program.
An understanding of AV systems integration with existing IT systems is essential