Successful applicants will be responsible for selling complex software driven solutions across a wide client base up to CxO level. The successful individual will have a proven track record in Strategic new business software license solution sales and will be responsible for working with SCC’s account team in branch to manage SCC’s end-to-end sales and commercial engagement for all major new business software opportunities. Applicants will be expected to demonstrate sales competencies to “expert” or “consultant” level for this area including (but not exclusively) Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Veeam, RedHat etc., including one premise and cloud based solutions such as Microsoft/Citrix CSP, AWS, GCP. Proven and demonstrable financial selling skills, coupled with experience in at least one key industrial vertical will be a pre-requisite.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Reporting to the Software Sales Manager
- Develop, and close a pipeline of New Business Software opportunities in your aligned branch or customer segment
- Provide end-to-end ownership for sales opportunities on behalf of the Software Business.
- Lead the qualification process with the account team to truly understand a customer’s requirements and align these too key SCC services propositions aligning resources as required.
- Assist the customer through a process of understanding their requirements, defining a solution and creating a compelling proposition; with responsibility for then negotiating commercials, closing the deal and providing commercial direction for the project.
- Manage the internal service providers and any external suppliers.
- Support, guide and coach the sales team to define, differentiate, develop, lead and close deals.
- Lead and own the bidding process including response documents such as RFI, RFP and full proposal.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with key vendors.
- Develop and execute a jointly agreed business plan in collaboration with SCC’s Branch Managers in order to maximise opportunities in existing accounts and grow new business and market share.
- The ability to qualify and develop new clients from a cold start and manage the entire deal lifecycle from inception through to successful project outcome.
- Evidence of Solution based selling, particularly with good knowledge of complex Professional Services engagements.
- Solid understanding and proven track record in selling software solutions that are tailored to meet a client’s needs and demands.
- A strong understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader market outside software.
- Solid expertise and understanding of relevant software technologies including Software Asset Management (SAM).
- The ability to develop long term relationships as a trusted partner for SCC’s customers.
- The ability to drive internal collaboration and lead virtual teams.
- “Client First” and “Can Do “attitude to issue resolution regardless of job description and bonus structure.
- Demonstrable evidence of being able to operate within a “matrix” organisation, using collaborative skills to deliver optimised client outcomes by effectively working across organisational boundaries.