Demand for SCC’s innovative Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers. This has created an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Network Engineer to join our talented team, here in Birmingham.
- Performing Firewall Configuration, troubleshooting and Administration
- Monitoring and maintaining switching infrastructure to agreed service levels
- Managing incidents and problems appropriately within agreed service levels
- Creating and performing authorised changes to customer environments, attending CABs where necessary
- Ensure technical documentation is completed and updated to professional standards
- Contribute to the continuous improvement programmes of all technology platforms across the Datacentre
- Assist with acceptance into service into operational support for all new implementations and enhancements/upgrades
- Log calls with third party vendors (such as CISCO or Fortinet) and escalate when necessary
- Contributing to delivering team performance
- Minimum CCNA level accreditation
- Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
- Experience of working with Firewalls, VPN and NATS technologies
- Experience providing support to enterprise level clients
- Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Strong background with core network, computer and storage technologies in large-scale deployments
- Experience of enterprise grade networking environments including troubleshooting and support.
- ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
- Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred