The Network Architect will be responsible for leading and owning the design and architecture of all network technologies across a range of customer’s in a multi-tenanted environment that offers exposure to an array of cutting-edge technologies, with the focus on service delivery excellence and improvements.
Must have solid technical experience producing both high and low-level networking designs. The ability to face off with third party technical staff is key as is solid documentation experience.
The position will be part of a team of Technical Architect’s within Design & Delivery responsible for the design and delivery of varying sized project implementations for all Data Centre Services customers, ensuring customer satisfaction at every opportunity.
Main Duties of Job:
- Support and lead engagement with customers to ensure design of technical network solutions are in line with the requirements of the customer.
- Creation of both high and low-level networking designs ensuring they are fit for purpose and adhering to agreed standards and frameworks.
- Lead the design of networking services and customer infrastructures from conception to completion.
- Support where necessary the technical delivery of network projects utilising core technologies such as Cisco, Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint and F5 products.
- Assist in the requirements gathering process and pre-sales phase including due diligence, Statement of Works and solution proposals.
- Ability to challenge technical experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by your line Manager.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with a Data Centre technology stack and have an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and ability to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
- Strong background in Enterprise and Data Centre technologies in large-scale deployments.
- In-depth experience of Cisco networking products to at least CCIE certification level.
- Hands-on experience of most of the following technologies: Fortinet, Juniper, CheckPoint, Brocade, HP and F5 products including practical experience in a corporate environment serving customers.
- Detailed technical knowledge of routing and switching, firewalls, load balancing, WAN technologies, software-defined/virtualised networking, unified networking, multi-context networking devices and application delivery controllers.
- Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience.
- Excellent documentation skills across technical, process and customer facing documentation.
- Strong customer facing experience.
- Confident character with the ability to deal effectively from senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level.
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations.
- Appropriate certifications in vendor technologies for example Cisco, Fortinet or CheckPoint.
- Be engaged with emerging approaches to WAN architecture and design
- Experience of customer lifecycle management particularly proposal writing and customer presentations.
- Technical knowledge of at least some of the following: Microsoft technology stack including Active Directory and Exchange, virtualisation technology (Hyper-V and/or VMWare), Citrix/VDI, database and storage technologies backed with practical experience in a corporate environment preferably serving customers.
- Experience of Cloud technologies including automation and orchestration toolsets (SCVMM, BMC, AWS, Azure).
- Exposure to project management and service management industry best practises (PRINCE2, ITIL v3).