SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Technical Architect based in Birmingham
Technical Architect – Networks
Attributes of Successful Candidate
• Determined, can-do attitude
• Ability to work on own as well as part of a team
• Meticulous approach, effective written and oral communicator
• Proven network management skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced, deadline intensive environment
• Excellent customer service and organisation skills
• Professional and presentable at all times
Skills Knowledge & Experience
• Strong background with core network technologies in large-scale deployments
• Minimum 5 years’ experience providing support to enterprise level clients
• Good working knowledge and experience in a Cisco environment, Knowledge of Checkpoint Firewalls, Demonstrates excellent troubleshooting skills, Intruder Detection Systems, LAN & WAN, Routing Protocols, eg OSPF.
• Appropriate certifications in core technology platforms (CISCO, HP, Fortinet, Checkpoint)
• Ability to troubleshoot complex, technical, multi-site and multi-disciplinary problems and incidents
• Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
• Strong background with core network, compute and storage technologies in large-scale deployments Desirable
• B.S. degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, MIS or equivalent preferred
• Experience of enterprise grade CISCO and Fortinet environments including design, troubleshooting and support.
• ITIL qualification or awareness of the ITIL processes
• Experience of working in a multi-client solutions provider
Then click the response button now!
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.