We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres, Europe’s largest privately owned IT solutions organisation. We supply break fix maintenance services to many of the UK’s biggest commercial companies and public sector bodies. A vital component of SCC’s high level of customer satisfaction is our ability respond quickly with the right engineer in the right place with the right parts within the stipulated response times.
To enable us to meet these exacting standards we have a parts store in Crayford and are now recruiting for a Technical Assistant to become a pivotal player in the movement, delivery and installation of computer parts for our engineers and customers.
This is an exiting opportunity for someone with an interest and knowledge of IT looking to progress into an engineering role within the IT sector.
• Delivery of IT goods to SCC customers and suppliers
• Collection of equipment which will include completing collection paperwork accurately
• Undertake various forms of project work in line with customer requirements such as, but not exclusive to; hardware deployment, upgrades, installations, auditing and decommissioning
• Install/De-install IT equipment
• To complete all work assigned in a timely professional manner
• To be flexible and pragmatic in their approach to the work assigned
• To be able to work as part of a team or as an individual on a customer site.
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Must have full UK driving Licence.
• Carry out any other reasonable request from your line management
• Willingness to stay away from home on occasion
Skills, Clearances, Knowledge and Experience:
• Good knowledge of some IT hardware and software
• Self-motivated and able to work on your own
• Good communication skills
• Full driving licence
* Flexible to work between the hours of 8am – 6pm, 7 days per week (days in lieu of weekend work)