Overall Job Purpose
The Microsoft D365 Technical Architect will perform a pivotal role in a 2 year business transformation program of works to implement the Microsoft D365 and Azure platforms. The role involves taking the lead in design for the Microsoft D365 CE application landscape to support the business in the program.
As a Microsoft D365 Technical Architect, the role will involve working closely with the SCC business and the program team to deliver technical designs for the complex and numerous application integrations between the Microsoft cloud platform and the other systems within the SCC application landscape, and for the ongoing enhancement of the D365 CE Field Service solution being implemented.
- Lead the design strategy for Microsoft D365 CE to meet current and future business operational requirements
- Design integration solutions for D365 CE utilising the Azure toolset and work to ensure these designs can be successfully implemented by the development team
- Document the technical designs to the highest standards to support ongoing delivery and development
- Educate and implement best practices in solution design using expert knowledge and experience of complex cloud-based integrations
- The role will also provide the opportunity to gain further experience with D365 Finance and Operations
This role requires an exceptional level of Microsoft D365 CE (CRM) architecture and solution design experience. The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a high level of ability in the following areas.
- Microsoft D365 CE – A strong background in designing scalable, resilient and secure applications using Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE (CRM), and an unrivalled passion for everything Dynamics.
- Microsoft Azure – The ideal candidate will also have excellent knowledge of exploiting Microsoft Azure for delivery of cloud native solutions.
The following attributes are also highly advantageous:
- Within the role you will be tasked with designing, planning and implementing architecture on an enterprise level – therefore experience using a proven methodology such as TOGAF or similar would be advantageous.
- Full lifecycle experience on Microsoft Dynamics projects
- Knowledge of Microsoft Visual Studio and DevOps/VSTS
- Experience in the broader MS stack (Azure, SharePoint, BizTalk, SQL Server)
- Experience of working to an Agile methodology
- Microsoft certifications