Working within SCC’s Integration Development Team to carry out a range of duties to support the delivery of projects and the operation of services. This will include information and requirement gathering, technical configuration, development and support. The Integration Team use a variety of skills and technologies to allow various IT systems and applications (including internal systems and those of customers and suppliers) to share information.
The successful candidate for this role will be someone who can demonstrate a flair for learning new skills, and a practical and analytical approach to problem solving. When presented with a request or problem they will quickly be able to develop an understanding of the business need and have the confidence and communication skills to liaise with the requestor and other members of the team to produce the desired solution. They will need to be able to communicate with people at all levels within the business.
The successful candidate for this role will be able to demonstrate IT Skills such basic SQL, programming or web development and be confident that they can become versed in a wide range of new technologies, skills, and tools. They will need to have an eye for detail and be able to work to tight deadlines. They will need to be flexible, carrying out varied tasks, and also self-starting and able to work without supervision. However, training and guidance will be always be available when needed.
- To write software programs from design specifications
- To write code in compliance with established coding quality standards of the company
- To assist in providing technical support
- To document the code produced
- To perform other tasks necessary for successful project delivery
- To work towards obtaining certifications if requested
- To attend meetings relating to assigned projects as required
- Planning, execution and documentation of unit tests
- Operational engagement with project managers, business analysts, test leads, service architects and technical architects as required
- Responsibility for the ownership and remediation of any testing failures
Education & Qualifications
- University degree in Computer Sciences, or comparable experience
- Experience of working in an software development environment is advantageous but not essential
- Experience of agile software development methodology is advantageous but not essential
- Passion for software development
- Ability and eagerness to learn new skills
- Ability to work well in a team
- Interest in systems integration concepts
- Strong problem solving skills
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Ability to manage own time to ensure all tasks are completed
The following attributes are desirable but not essential – training and learning opportunities will be provided for the right candidate.
- Knowledge / experience of languages and technologies such as:
- Web Services (REST, SOAP)
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Microsoft Azure