Reporting to the Data Centre Facilities Manager, this role requires demonstrable experience working with the critical infrastructure which supports a T3 Data Centre. Systems experience must include; operation of electrical panels, switching schedules, HVAC, generator operation, CRAC Units, chilled water plant (chillers) operation, UPS, BMS.
Previous experience monitoring the critical infrastructure through software tools (APC ISX Struxureware and TREND 963) is required. Knowledge on the installation of Copper CAT6 and Fibre OM3/4 Patch Leads would also be desirable as this role will require end to end network connectivity from the IT rack to the outside world. Perform Daily Checks around the critical infrastructure recording and reporting all potential faults.
This role will support the Facilities Team in maintaining critical data centre hardware including (but not limited to) racks, cold aisle components, cooling systems and generators. The role holder will be responsible for escorting third party engineers on site and providing best practice advice on any cable installations undertaken.
• Support best practice and best in class M+E methodology ensuring rigorous and effective maintenance regimens are performed and maintained.
• Provide data reporting to Facilities Manager
• Provide proactive risk assessments and report any potential threats to service delivery.
• Support continuous improvement in organisation, productivity and quality within Facilities team.
• Work with Security to maintain and administer access control requests.
• Build strong relationships with other internal teams across SCC to promote and deliver quality DC services.
• Liaise with Change, Architecture, Professional Services and DC Facilities teams to ensure Facilities Data Centre infrastructure changes are successful.
• Build relationships with our suppliers to gain knowledge of plant and equipment and keep up to date on M+E technology improvements.
• Demonstrable detailed knowledge of CRAC Units, Chilled Water Systems and Chillers.
• Hands on operational experience of APC UPS systems (Symmetra and Px)
• Experience in operation of LV generator sets.
• Understanding of PPM, BMS systems and Trend application
• Experienced in Fault Diagnosis and IST delivery
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
• Skilled in crisis management, command and control.
• T3 Data Centre Service Delivery experience
• Technical report writing skills
• A motivated team player, confident in a customer facing role to deliver excellent levels of service.
• Flexibility in working hours
• Full UK Driving License
• Remote hands support of Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, NetApp equipment. Recognition and basic understanding of purpose.
• SC Security Cleared
• IOSH qualified
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
• Work closely with 3rd Party engineers and M+E contractors to ensure all tasks are completed to a professional standard.
• Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
Health & Safety:
• Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety policies in all areas. To ensure compliance with Permit to Work systems.
• To follow best working practices in and around the Data Centre Critical Infrastructure.
• Maintain a safe and tidy environment to work in.