We are SCC , Specialist Computer Centres ; we provide business critical data centre services to commercial and public sector organisations across the UK .
We now have an exciting career opportunity for a talented mechanical and electrical engineer to provide engineering support at our facility in Fareham .
M & E Engineer
Reporting to the Data Centre Facilities Manager, this role requires demonstrable experience working with the critical infrastructure Systems experience could include; operation of electrical panels, switching schedules, HVAC, generator operation, CRAC Units, chilled water plant (chillers) operation, UPS, BMS.
This is a shift based role, following a four day or night shift and then four days off pattern.
Key activities will be to perform Daily Checks around the critical infrastructure recording and reporting all potential faults.
This role will support the Facilities Manager/Supervisor in maintaining and installing data centre hardware including (but not limited to) racks, cold isle containment, lighting, Security and rack power supplies. The role holder will be responsible for escorting third party engineers on site and providing best practice advice on any cable installations undertaken
• Support best practice and best in class M E methodology ensuring rigorous and effective maintenance regimens are performed and maintained.
• Provide proactive risk assessments and report any potential threats to service delivery.
• Support continuous improvement in organisation, productivity and quality within Facilities team.
• Work with Security to maintain and administer access control requests.
• Build strong relationships with other internal teams across SCC to promote and deliver quality DC services.
• Build relationships with our suppliers to gain knowledge of plant and equipment and keep up to date on M E technology improvements
Essential Skills Required :
• Demonstrable knowledge of AC Units
• Hands on operational experience of UPS systems
• Experience in operation of generator sets.
• Experienced in Fault Diagnosis
• Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
• A motivated team player, confident in a customer facing role to deliver excellent levels of service.
• Flexibility in working hours
• Full UK Driving License
• Hot hands support of Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, NetApp equipment. Recognition and basic understanding of purpose.
• Ability to gain SC Security Cleared
• Senior Authorised Person for H.V.
• Knowledge of chilled water systems
• Knowledge of Data Centre standards
• Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
• Work closely with 3rd Party engineers and M E contractors to ensure all tasks are completed to a professional standard.
• Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
Health & Safety:
• Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety policies in all areas. To ensure compliance with Permit to Work systems.
• To follow best working practices in and around the Data Centre Critical Infrastructure.
• Maintain a safe and tidy environment to work in.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.