Overall Job Purpose:
This is a hands-on role which includes leading and controlling the multi-site EUC Request fulfilment team to ensure the successful delivery of IT Service requests meeting both SLAs and quality measurements.
The team leading aspect will include monitoring of ticket allocation and progress; escalation management; mentoring; coaching; supporting; time and absence management; regular one-to-one performance reviews; appraisals; ensuring that asset management processes are followed and contributions to process improvements are brought forward
The hands-on element of the role includes, but is not limited to, carrying out IT hardware (laptop, desktop, workstation) build, configuration and installation requests; desk moves; additions and changes through to removal, disposal or retirement of IT equipment; receiving new goods; packing and/or unpacking IT equipment; installation and testing; transport to user’s workplace and formal verification of user acceptance.
The role is part of a large team which delivers a range of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services
Due to the location of direct reports and the user base, some travel will be required to other sites (mainly Filton and Bolton) from time to time
3. Main Duties of Job:
• Day to day team leading and management (including performance, holiday and sickness)
• Be a point of user and management escalation for Service Requests
• Installation, moves and additional services in relation to IT equipment on customer sites
• Second Line support for software and hardware fault resolution
• Analysis of IT Requests proposals; ensuring correct prioritisation and approvals are in place
• Re-loading/configuring of software applications and images
• Managing tickets to ensure SLA attainment across the team
• Contribute to activities of all onsite SCC teams as required
• Proactive search for improvements & ensuring these are captured & progressed
• Work with onsite management to develop and improve the service being provided
• Adhere, at all times, to company policies and procedures
• Being prepared to work out of hours when required to do so.
4. Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems (W7 and W10)
• Previous team leading experience (desired)
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
• Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
• Ability to manage & create documents which are professional & articulate.
• Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
• ITIL awareness
5. Success Criteria
• SLA’s are regularly met and/or exceeded
• Able to evidence control of workload and team members
• Team members working and collaborating across sites
• Positive customer and end-user feedback
Candidates for this role must SC Clearance or the ability to gain it.