Overall Job Purpose
The Consultancy business is the essential core for the SCC Services providing technology consulting, architecture, design and implementation services to our public and commercial sector customers.
The role of Lead Architect is one of the most senior technical roles in SCC Services and exists to Lead the Technical Delivery and Architecture of Large Scale transformation programmes as well as provide technical expertise in specific fields of technologies.
The objective of the Lead Architect engagement is to create and implement a technology solution that will deliver against the customer’s objectives and utilises the strengths of the public sector cloud platform.
The Lead Architect will hold industry recognised security certifications, relevant technology certifications in their key technologies and look to keep these updated as well as acting as a mentor to other staff implementing or supporting these technologies.
Flexibility and agility must be a part of the personal skills as well as a proper understanding of correct process and adherence to quality principles.
- Conceptualise and Design to Low Level overall solutions to support complex environments
- Technical ownership of project delivery for multiple ongoing projects.
- Run technical workshops covering multiple technologies.
- Perform presales activity as required in support of the Solution Architecture and Sales teams.
- The role requires detailed design and implementation skills specific to the individuals technology specialisation complemented by an architecture-level appreciation of all relevant complementary technologies.
- Demonstrating an ongoing, proactive approach, working alongside Professional Services Solution Architecture in developing and delivering service offerings based on industry best practice and “new to market” technologies.
- Development and delivery of technology specific presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments.
- Maintain knowledge of project delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps in the particular field of specialisation.
- Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products to the individuals specialisation, an understanding of their architectural principles and, where appropriate, design skills and accreditations in these products
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors.
- Act as a mentor in leading and developing other team members.
- Work in conjunction with the appropriate sales personnel to understand the opportunities for Professional Services within their accounts and develop team skills to meet the requirement.
- At all times to provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated by your Team Leader/Manager.