Following some exciting business wins the Security Services team is expanding to support new and existing customers. We are looking for an enthusiastic individual seeking their next challenge in IT Security. This is a role with diversity and is well suited to an individual with a passion to deliver a great service, increase their knowledge and achieve success through their team.
Overall Job Purpose:
The security of information is critical to the ongoing success and reputation of the SCC Secure Data Centre Services business.
The role of Security Services Manager will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to work closely with the business across a broad range of activities (projects, new product developments, business processes & stake holder advice) to ensure that information is used in a secure and appropriate manner.
The Security Compliance Manager will provide management, leadership and accountability for Security Services delivered to our customers ensuring a partnership for compliance, security and service improvement.
Main Duties of Job:
- Define, deliver & maintain a good practice Security function aimed to ensure compliance, accreditation and service delivery across the Data Centre Services internal teams and customer base.
- Interface with customers on all matters for information security ensuring SCC is compliant with contracted services
- Deliver a proactive approach to security with our customers, identifying gaps and opportunities to improve
- Act as the customer facing element of the Security Services function ensuring good communication and delivery between customers and the other Security Service functions
- Ensure business as usual operations and services as in place for the Data Centre Services internal teams and customers where contracted.
- Define, deliver & maintain a comprehensive documentation and process set that aligns to SCC delivery teams.
- Ensure governance & compliance is in place and adhered to through the use of process, technical and documented procedures.
- Proactively drive continual service improvement across the security function and wider DCS service delivery teams in order to ensure compliance, security & meet SCC business objectives.
- Support the SCC Service Delivery function with customer requirements.
- Support the SCC Account Management and Sales teams on the Security Services delivered through the Data Centre Services function
- Ability to challenge subject matter experts in a reasoned and logical manner to explore all possible solutions to an incident or service improvement area
- To provide recommendations, input and value add to the Data Centre Services road maps and future states.
- To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in accordance with corporate ISO accreditation levels.
- Support an Out of Hours Management escalation process
- Provide a courteous service and professional approach to customers and to the delivery of allocated tasks as required.
- To perform any other duties from time to time that may be required by line manager.
The role is based at the Data Centre Services Cole Valley location in Birmingham but may require travel to customer sites and other SCC Group locations.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated with a track record of working with security solutions and technology stack with an appreciation of support and service transition. Experience of working in a fast paced, dynamic environment with a can-do attitude and able to handle work with multiple customers and projects.
- Excellent security knowledge and experience gained working in a security operation environment.
- Good all round IT knowledge preferably with a Data Centre Services organisation.
- Strong working knowledge of key information security frameworks including PSN, PCI DSS, Cyber essentials plus, ISO/IEC 27001 and HMG Policy Framework
- Ability to inspire, lead and provide guidance in best practice in IT security operational environments.
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
- Demonstrable experience of working directly with customer on security matters, especially in incident situations
- Ability to disseminate the right level of technical or solution information intended for the correct audience
- Demonstrate experience of effectively managing service improving and remediation plans
- Excellent documentation skills across Security, Technical, process and customer facing documentation
- Strong customer facing experience
- Confident character with the ability to deal effectively at senior level management down to junior Technical Engineer level
- Commitment to exceed customers’ expectations
- Experience of working with ITIL, ISO and other security standards and frameworks
- To have SC security Clearance or be able to undergo the process of SC clearance.
- Hold a recognised Information Security qualification (e.g. CISSP, CISM) or demonstrate strong capabilities in Information Security
- Experience of SIEM technology (preferably in an operational environment)
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience managing people