Job: Operations Team Leader
Overall Job Purpose
To assist the Operations Manager with the day to day management of a team of field and site based IT engineers; be a point of escalation for issues and help to develop the area field operation.
The role of Operations Team Leader is to provide leadership to the team and actively participate in the management and development of the staff.
• Management of resources ensuring adequate cover is maintained to deliver the existing support requirements within the allocated cost structure
• Regular visits to regional based sites where there are SCC staff.
• Encourage and support staff with personal development and training requirements
• Review and improve area performance against contractual SLA
• Generation of management information – notably daily reports on previous day’s performance and adding to the weekly/Daily reports.
• Actively manage the escalation process within the area
• Daily monitoring and management of customer SLA in the area
• Proactively identify areas for improvement both internally and externally
• Cost Management – proactively identify best value drivers for the benefit of both internal and external customers
• To maintain personal and professional development to meet the constant changes of the role, participating in appropriate training activities provided by SCC
• Undertake such duties, training and/or hours of work as the business requirement dictates and of which are consistent with the expected level of responsibility of the role
• Check and verify overtime and expenses within company guidelines.
• Responsible for stock accuracy and management in the area
• Monitor and manage the quick win process within the team
• Actively participate in the disciplinary process when and if required
• Manage the PDR process, sickness, annual leave and training requirements of the team in line with business objectives.
• Ensure all reports are working in line with company policies and procedures
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
• Be Familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
• Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
• Maintain a solid technical knowledge of IT related products to assist with the support of the team.
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• Experience of resource scheduling
• Proven experience within an IT engineering environment
• Proven people management experience and training
• Ability to multitask and a flexible attitude in dynamic environment
• SC cleared
• Full Driving licence