Manage resources ensuring holiday and sickness cover to deliver the existing support requirements within the allocated cost structure
To strategically plan the area development in line with business objectives both current and future
Manage the training and development of existing employees and ensure that skills meet the requirements for field and CRM sites
Responsible for the performance management review process and manage personal development to maintain a motivated team of skilled individuals
Assist with the recruitment of new employees
Responsible for the safety and well-being of all employees under your management during their contractual hours
Act as a mentor to the Operations Team Leader
Generation and publication of management information on a weekly and monthly basis as required
Actively manage and develop the escalation process within the region
Proactively identify areas for improvement internally and externally around service delivery, new technology etc
Assist in other product areas when conditions require as directed by the Distributed Operations Manager
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
• Contribute to Security measures and procedures
• Contribute and comply with Company Quality Assurance policy and standards
• Own and drive forward cost reduction by process improvement and integration into the business
• Organise regular monthly service reviews with the CRM and OTL providing minutes of the meeting and managing the completion of any actions assigned to DS
• Represent SCC in a professional manner while at Customer meetings and presentations
• Manage the disciplinary process for all staff under your management
• Assist in building the business relationships with CRM and SM
• Assist in any TUPE situation or Union meetings with HR
• Be involved in service transition and any other duties supporting Managed Services
• To communicate with CRM or SM with any updates, progress or issues.
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
• Be Familiar with all SCC polices and processes relevant to the role and/or your responsibilities to SCC and our customers.
• Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
• Proven experience or qualification within a similar management role in an IT environment
• Extensive field service, service delivery, service desk resource management, logistics and service transition experience
• Good management skills and experience of managing a large team of technical resource (70+)
• Must have an understanding of Manufacturer Warranty process
• ITIL knowledge and experience
• Must be able to communicate ideas effectively and be able to think on their feet.
• Commercial awareness and ability to manage and reduce costs
• Ability to read and interpret customer support contracts
• SC Cleared
• Full Driving Licence