We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres , Europe’s largest privately owned IT services company . We provide IT engineering support services to prestigious customers nationwide .
We are now looking for an experienced IT Break/Fix IT Field Support Engineer to cover our customer sites in the Greater North London/Home Counties region – ideally based in the Slough area .
The role will be working Monday to Thursday 11.00am to 9.00pm with 1 hours’ lunch – 36 hours per week .
The role :
* To attend customer sites and provide support for IT hardware and software products ensuring that our service levels are maintained and customer satisfaction is surpassed.
* To diagnose and repair and/or replace pc’s , laptops , printers , retail equipment and associated peripherals .
* Complete software incidents to customer/manufacturer procedures and specifications .
* To diagnose and resolve operating system, application and other software package problems using all available resources and technical knowledge .
* To travel to other locations and branches to visit users and carry out required work .
* Communicate with call administration and branch office throughout the day to effectively manage all call details and gain a full understanding of the customer service level agreement requirements .
* Provide updates to all customer systems in a timely and accurate manner .
* Carry out some rebuilds and basic configuration .
Skills and Experience:
* Experienced IT Support Engineer with hardware break fix and software /operating system desk side support experience .
* Experience in Microsoft Applications .
* Experience of pc , laptop , printer and peripheral repair .
* Experience working in a customer facing environment and a real commitment to exceed customer expectation .
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills .
* Driving license
We offer an attractive starting salary plus van and other large company benefits .