We are SCC Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s largest independently owned IT services group. We have been established for over 40 years, have over 2,000 employees within the UK and a turnover in excess of £3 billion. We deliver innovative, business critical and cost reducing IT solutions to both private and public sector organisations nationwide .
We provide on site IT support and break /fix maintenance services for a wide range of IT equipment at Heathrow Airport and now have an opportunity for a talented IT Engineer to join our team at Heathrow Airport .
Main Duties of the job: will include :
* Unpacking , commissioning and delivering IT hardware and software .
* Buildiing and rebuilding of users’ PC in accordance with standard procedures.
* Configuration of devices at point of delivery in accordance with standard procedures.
* Installing and supporting of all Airline specific and desktop devices including managed print.
* Ensure site complies with defined cable management standards
* Installation of standard applications and other software plus the installation of any adhoc software that may be required either locally or remotely using the tools provided .
* Installation and configuration of PCs, printers, upgrades and peripherals in accordance with standard procedures .
* Carry out fault finding and follow diagnostic processes. (ie Printing issues, PC connectivity, networks and print server Admin duties).
* Call handling in line with current procedures and the escalation and resolution of any issues in a timely manner.
* Administration of user profiles (ie recreating user profile).
* Test newly installed hardware in accordance with standard procedures.
* To be available to give support and advice to other managed services engineer working outside campus.
Skills and Knowledge :
Experience in IT hardware repair / maintenance
Good software application knowledge
Excellent fault finding / diagnosis experience
Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
Valid UK driving licence
SC cleared or ability to gain SC clearance
Experience of working in an airport environment would be beneficial but not essential .
Ability to produce references to enable an application for an airside pass to be made.
The role will involve working a rotating shift pattern :
Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm 1 hour Lunch
Mon – Fri 12pm – 9pm 1 hour Lunch
Then click the response button now !