SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Internal Account Manager based out of our London offices.
Overall Job Purpose:
Working with the External Account Manager/s the Internal Account Managers role is to oversee a portfolio of assigned customers, collaboratively working together to develop new business from existing trading clients and actively seek new sales opportunities within low spending or dormant accounts.
To provide efficient and effective support to the assigned Customer base whilst building and maintaining strong long-lasting customer relationships that drive continued profitable business
Key Duties & Responsibilities of the Job:
- Proactive engagement and collaboration with your assigned External Account Manager/s on multiple assigned accounts to retain the existing business and to drive incremental volume & value-based business in the trading and low spending accounts.
- IAM & External having weekly calls to understand joint priorities and focus areas – including target customers to drive new business
- To help promote SCC tools such as Lifecycle to help drive standardisation, catalogue management & automation. Creation of customers’ accounts on Lifecycle and maintenance of these accounts.
- Proactively engage with your peer to peers within the vendor community to map accounts, promote vendor campaigns and develop joint business within your assigned customer base.
- Understand in detail relevant vendor’s products and messaging to provide competitive edge, and to pro-actively sell additional products and services within the assigned customer base.
- To be knowledgeable of vendor’s pricing programs, vendor portals and tools, to obtain the best pricing, increase and maximise SCC margin.
- Understand SCC Product & Service offerings to position high level benefits and introduce your external account manager for further discussion where appropriate.
- Understand the customers route to market, customer portals and frameworks that they utilise.
- Registering deal reg, special bids and leveraging vendor portals to gain the best competitive cost price
- Assistance in gaining new meetings for the external account manager where necessary.
- To have an understanding of the customer sector and the respective nuances to understand their route to market for procurement purposes.
- To ensure all pre-sales enquiries, quotations & orders are responded to within a timely & efficient manner.
- Chasing outstanding quotations with the customers to convert into business and tracking progress in relation to orders and aged debt.
- Updating of SCC’s CRM system as required and to monitor and review win loss ratio of quotations and leads generated.
- Follow SCC best practice to ensure the highest level of service is provided to our Customers, both internal and external.
- Ownership in collaboration with your assigned external to the resolution of customer challenges and concerns
- To ensure that all customer internal procedures are kept updated on MYSCC and comply with the required standards.
- To liaise with all relevant SCC functions including but not limited to Credit Control, Warehouse, Operations, and Enterprise.
- Management of customer standard products, road mapping for products going ‘end of life’ and management of transition.
- Understanding and management of existing customer special vendor bids
- Maintain product knowledge to an acceptable level and ensure that you are aware of any new releases/ updates.
- Ensure that your knowledge of SCC’s products, enterprise & and relevant service offerings are up-to-date and that these are introduced to conversations with our Customers regularly in line with their requirements.
What you will need to succeed: –
- Experience of working in a sales or fast pace environment
- Previous account management experience desirable
- Experience in upselling or cross selling a range of products or services
- Ability to work under pressure with multiple clients.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills, for working with a range of internal colleagues and Customers
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Good organisational and time management skills
- The ability to work to tight deadlines
- Basic computer skills and Strong literacy skills
- An understanding of Social Media,
- Ability to self-teach a wide variant of technology messages
- Understanding industry language
- The ability to communicate effectively and professionally both internally and externally is essential.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.