HEAD OF SERVICE DESK OPERATIONS
Overall Job Purpose:
To oversee Service Desk Operations ensuring the area is delivering the very best in service and support to our customers. The Head of Service Desk Operations will be required to provide leadership and support the teams within the areas of control.
A key part of this role will be to ensure SCC’s Service Desks are taking advantage of technologies available to improve agentless resolution and develop our next generation services. This will include working closely with other teams such as IT and Distributed Services.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Oversee and manage Service Desk operations including Knowledge Management. This will included the successful delivery of service achieving customer SLA’s and KPI targets.
• Generation and publication of management information on a weekly and monthly basis as required
• Own the development of long-term business strategy and goals for Service Desk, where possible considering Distributed Services by collaborating with executives and managers.
• Review and analysis of operational performance across all areas of responsibility to understand effectiveness and output of processes and performance through collaboration with executives and managers.
• Align department goals, processes and resource allocation with the business areas strategy planning.
• Oversee and manage teams reporting directly to you, including personal development, HR/Recruitment and other associated activities to retain a motivated and skilled team.
• Assess and understand market place / competitors.
• Planning, implementing and managing proposed recommendations and changes to operational areas.
• Monitor and report on any projects to transform or implement change.
• Support and guide senior exec decision making.
• Attend weekly / monthly team meetings as requested.
• Contribute and comply with Company Quality Assurance policy and standards, including the support of internal and external audits.
• Represent SCC in a professional manner at all times.
• Take responsibility for any escalations regarding service issues.
• To undertake Health and Safety activities commensurate with post and or SCC Group Health and Safety Policy. Skills,
Knowledge and Experience:
• 5 years or more experience in Service Desk management, ideally within the IT industry
• Excellent understanding of business operations and procedures
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good organisational and planning skills
• Excellent research and analytical skills
• Project management skills
• Strong Leadership Skills