The role ‘Product & Service Development Lead’ is required to own, manage, evolve & drive the lifecycle of SCC’s Service(s) portfolio including the definition, development and delivery to market of new and innovative services in line with SCC’s vision and strategy.
The main focus of the role is to lead the management, definition, development, tracking and delivery of new and innovative services on across the business ensuring time, cost, quality, efficiency and effectiveness are key measures which can be evidenced throughout the lifecycle ensuring return on investment is geared towards business success.
The key responsibilities are centred around the Management, drive & reporting to board level of a portfolio of Product and Service Development projects to an agreed timeline.
Direct management of a small team <5 and matrix management of internal staff across Pre Sales, Operations, Field, Professional Services and marketing in the delivery of our new products and services with maximum success and efficiency.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Own, manage and evolve the full product lifecycle including a mixture of cloud and native managed services; including definition, management, enablement, design and delivery into operations.
- Build excellent relationships with all key internal stakeholders in order to clearly understand and represent the business needs in each development
- Working closely with engineers, architects and business leads to ensure services are built and delivered to the best quality, with an understanding of commercial and quality time pressures
- Drive, lead and personally manage development with regards to goals, business case, design & service readiness
- A comprehensive understanding of existing and new propositions through business, commercial and analytical reasoning, reporting on ROI over agreed timeframes
- Own, develop and drive delivery and operational efficiency through improved use of people, process and technology.
- Work closely with marketing teams and sales to develop go-to-market programmes, campaigns and activities
- Educate and enable sales and customer support teams on new products / services and go-to-market initiatives
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Management / Leadership experience, excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- An analytical & service lead approach, used in a wide range of responsibilities, from operational development, to product adoption & sales
- Ability to lead and communicate cross-functionally with engineering and other departments
- Good product / service development experience from a Cloud or managed services business
- Have previously had full product roadmap ownership, from inception to delivery and launch, for a number of products, including end of lifecycle management
- Ideally have worked on PaaS or SaaS product, and delivered new, innovative services
- Have experience of line management, including mentoring and development
- Be educated to degree level, or an equivalent
- Have worked within the Data Centre, Cloud and/or Managed services industry
- Be a self-starter with a good appreciation of business and commercial values
- Have excellent communication skills and be able to transmit this across various stakeholders