|Overall Job Purpose:
A senior role reporting to the UK Head of Finance, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of Financial Accounting for SCC plc. You will be responsible for developing, monitoring and improving the accounting processes and controls within SCC, working closely with the SCC EMEA Group Accounting and Compliance Manager to enhance Risk Assurance activities.
You and your team will support the preparation of Statutory Accounts and manage the Year End audit. You will be responsible for Investment Appraisals, Fixed Asset accounting and reporting as well as providing strong technical accounting leadership to the SCC Finance team.
You will manage the team responsible for day-to-day cash management, foreign exchange, treasury and taxation matters and will provide advice on direct and indirect taxes to operational stakeholders. Your team will support the Company budgeting and forecasting cycles (particularly in the areas of cash and working capital).
You will manage a multitude of financial reporting projects in your area and support the continual development of SCC’s financial systems from a financial accounting, risk, controls and compliance perspective.
Corporate Governance and Financial Control
Financial Planning and Analysis
|Knowledge and Experience
– Qualified accountant (preferably ACA) with strong technical skills appropriate to an acquisitive group
– Experience in managing a financial accounting team in a large corporate environment
– Excellent MS Excel, Word, & Office skills and experience of Cognos TM1 and Controller applications would be helpful
– Experienced in driver-based Balance Sheet forecasting models
– Excellent communication & reporting skills
– Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at Director level
– Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to manage key stakeholders and an experienced and diverse team
– Willingness to get into detail to provide management reporting/insight
– Sound decision making skills and rational judgements based on relevant information;
– Attention to detail. Adherence to reporting standards and formats delivering high quality professional output
– Commercial outlook with a demonstrable approach to adding value to the business;
– Flexibility – easily adapting to change in a fast-moving leading edge IT company
– Proven ability to work to tight deadlines