SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Head of Accounts Payable to join our busy finance team in Birmingham .
Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting to the UK Head of Finance, you will be responsible for managing all aspects of the Accounts Payable function for SCC in the UK.
You will manage an established team ensuring that suppliers are paid in line with agreed payment terms and queries are managed effectively. You will be responsible for the financial and operational controls, process documentation and governance for the end-to-end Purchase-to-Pay process.
You will implement best-in-class AP applications working with internal and external partners to successfully launch these new tools.
You will be responsible for further developing operational reporting within the AP function and will support both direct cash forecasting (with schedules of supplier payments) and indirect cash forecasting / working capital forecasting (with DPO & DTP analytics). You will support the half-yearly filing of SCC’s Payment Practices & Performance reporting.
You and your team will support the Year End audit ensuring that supplier statements are fully reconciled (where necessary) and AP queries are minimised.
You will be responsible for the day-to-day management of all AP staff, including objective setting, performance appraisals and the learning and development of your team.
- Ensure that suppliers are paid in line with contracted terms and account queries are minimised and managed effectively
- Ensure that duplicate payments are avoided (using existing AP Forensics toolsets)
- Ensure that supplier statements are reconciled regularly, where required
Systems & Applications
Implement the Basware APIA tool within AP in the UK
- Support the ERP transition programme with respect to AP
- Enhance existing applications and recommend best-in-class applications to maximise efficiency & control in the Purchase-to-Pay cycle
AP Processes and Controls
- Ensure best practice for documentation of AP processes and controls within SCC.
- Input into SCC’s Risk Control Framework for AP
AP Reporting & Forecasting
- Provide forecast reports for supplier payments and analyse DPO and DTP to support working capital reporting
- Support the production of SCC’s half-yearly ‘3P’ report
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Manage the AP team to work efficiently and effectively to support Company objectives
- Set performance objectives and agree development and training plans (where necessary) for your team
Manage the day-to-day performance of the AP team.
Knowledge and Experience
- You will have been responsible for the AP function in a large corporate environment, with atleast 3 years’ experience in such a role
- You will have led or provided significant AP input into ERP and/or AP application implementations, having built strong relationships with external parties.
- You will be accustomed to process documentation and AP controls and governance.
- You will have excellent MS Office skills (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Strong communication skills with the ability to influence at Director level
- Excellent interpersonal skills demonstrating an ability to manage key stakeholders and an experienced and diverse team
- Willingness to get into detail to provide management reporting/insight
- Sound decision making skills and rational judgements based on relevant information
- Attention to detail. Adherence to reporting standards and formats delivering high quality professional output
- Commercial outlook with a demonstrable approach to adding value to the business
- Flexibility – easily adapting to change in a fast-moving leading edge IT company
Proven ability to work to tight deadlines
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.