|Overall Job Purpose:
Reporting into the SCC EMEA Senior Group Accountant this role forms part of a small group finance team that has responsibility for the monthly consolidation of the SCC EMEA group management accounts and associated statutory reporting, including preparation of the annual business plan and quarterly forecasting, whilst also providing the control framework for the finance operation across the group
– Supporting the monthly consolidation of the SCC EMEA group using Cognos controller responsible for ensuring that all consolidation journals are posted accurately
– Administration of the Cognos environment, including maintenance of period roll forward, journal copy forward, exchange rates and user access
– Assist in preparation of EMEA monthly management accounts covering profit and loss performance, cash and working capital performance and capital investment approval and spend to strict timetables
– Provide insight and financial analysis of performance including variance to budget and prior year, KPI trend and ratio analysis by region
– Provide both support and challenge local operational finance teams.
Budgeting & Forecasting
– Participate in annual budgeting and quarterly re-forecast process for the EMEA group consolidation
– Supporting financial planning and analysis in the local operational finance teams
Statutory Reporting & Taxation
– Provide input into the external audit process in relation to the EMEA group holding companies and the EMEA consolidation
– Support the preparation of consolidated Statutory Financial Statement for the SCC EMEA group and also preparation of statutory accounts for other group companies as required.
– Liaising with the Group tax function to collate data for tax computations across the group.
Corporate Governance and Financial Control
– Assist the SCC EMEA Group Financial Controller in the implementation and monitoring of robust accounting policies and procedures in line with UK GAAP.
– Identify opportunities for improvement and investigation of commercial advantages, financial control risks and for the exchange of best practise between companies
– Undertaking detailed financial investigations at the request of the senior finance team and in support of local finance teams
– Support the SCC EMEA Group Financial Controller in establishing a sound financial control environment and effective Corporate Governance objectives
– Support the SCC EMEA Group Financial Controller on finance related projects as appropriate in planning, reporting, control, systems, new business acquisitions and corporate restructures.
– Qualified accountant (preferable ACA) with strong technical skills appropriate to an acquisitive group
– Excellent communication & reporting skills
– Strong financial modelling and excel skills
– Experience in Cognos applications (Controller and TM1) a preference
– Attention to detail with commitment to delivering a high quality professional output
– Hands-on approach to problem solving with enthusiasm and a strong work ethic, with a proven ability to work to tight deadlines
– Commercial outlook with a demonstrable approach to adding value to the business
|Terms & Conditions
– Working hours will be a 37.5 hour week with standard hours from 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, one hour for lunch
– 23 days annual leave,