To provide technical support for managed print equipment, ensuring that devices are repaired and maintained to SCC-DS’s technical specification, and to provide basic end-user training and support where necessary.
KEY RESULT AREAS
- Maintain and repair the full range of Ricoh, Canon, HP, MFP equipment in line with the published technical specification while adopting SCC-DS’s work methods and health and safety procedures
- Attend to field technical calls and workshop jobs as directed by call control, responding to requests within the targeted response time and fix products on site efficiently and with minimum delay
- Ensure that accurate technical records are maintained by communicating with call control at required and appropriate times
- Organise and maintain a suitable vehicle spare parts kit to minimise Return to Fit [RTF] calls. Ensure that tools, technical manuals [including bulletins] and other equipment provided are available for use and in a complete and safe condition
- Ensure that, where provided, the company vehicle is maintained in line with published procedures and kept clean and presentable
- Maintain accurate work expense records and submit these, along with receipts, at the required time
- Attend technical training courses, seminars and other events including online training modules and exams to maintain technical skills and product awareness.
- Competent technician with extensive experience of repairing and maintaining colour and monochrome MFP devices including low, mid and high volume machines.
- Connectivity experience [e.g. able to install print drivers & connect basic printer to simple network]
- Advanced IT networking / connectivity experience [e.g. set-up network scanning, full MFP installation on print server, etc.]
- Must demonstrate a calm unflustered attitude and diplomatic approach
- An analytical problem solving approach to difficult situations
- Good oral communication skills