This role has been created to provide an opportunity to a new talented apprentice, who has a strong personal interest in IT and a hardworking ethic, to join the team and be a key part of the SCC IT service.
They will work within the IT service delivery team and help towards maintaining and improving the IT service by performing multiple duties which contribute to its success.
Learning the fundamentals of the End User Computing (EUC) IT Service Operation, with guidance and mentoring from numerous members of the team to provide great insight and knowledge into various roles and responsibilities within the operation. Achieving vital knowledge, skills and behaviours alongside building the foundations to understand each aspect and role will aid them in focusing on an area they could move into should they be successful.
- Main Duties of Job:
The position will be a key part of the service delivery team
Provide Asset Data Quality Assurance, by :
- Ensuring asset information is accurately maintained with attention to detail and following up on discrepancies and queries whenever necessary in a timely manner.
- Supporting the Service Delivery team in updating and maintaining the asset management database following various audits and customer equipment changing hands
- Assists the IT Service Analysts in various tasks toward creating reports
- Help towards creating/maintain Knowledge articles and relevant process documentation, report information, and metrics.
- Support daily operational task(s) as required
- Support the Mobile Device IT Service;
- Setup and configure Mobile phones for end users
- Deliver and train end users on the usage of Mobile Devices
Supporting Key Roles
In addition to the person’s primary role, they will also have secondary roles to assist the operation and understand further aspects of it by supporting other team’s members such as:
- Supporting the Stores IT Service which feeds the operation with all its IT equipment, helping to manage stock in to the stores and out to engineers.
- Support the EUC Request Engineer performing IT request(s), such as delivery and setup of equipment at desk, whilst maintaining a great customer service.
- Support EUC IT Service Analysts in performing sites audits and maintaining asset information
- Support EUC IT Service Desk by performing various First time fixes and demonstrating excellent customer service.
Working Hours are between 08:00 and 18:00 providing an 8.5 hour shift with an hour lunch.
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiasm & Passion for IT and the ability to follow instruction
- Good knowledge of using Android and iOS
- Ability or desire to work within a team (collaboratively to achieve team goals) or alone using own initiative
- Intermediate Microsoft Office skills
- Customer facing experience and strong customer service skills
- Educated to Maths & English minimum GCSE Grade A-C
- Ability to manage prioritise multiple tasks in an accurate and timely manner
- Ability to communicate well with customers and train users of various levels
- Proven ability to effectively work against multiple deadlines
- An understanding of SLA’s
- Success Criteria
- Delivery of excellent customer service
- Successful provision of backfill support to identified roles
- Positive feedback from internal and external customers
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.