Main Duties of Job:
• Manage and maintain asset information for all EUC hardware within agreed scope
• Manage and maintain asset information for all software within agreed scope
• Manage / implement / improve processes to ensure the accuracy of the Asset Management Database (AMDB) through the Incident Management, Request Management and audit processes
• Responsible for the End User Computing (EUC) asset management lifecycle and stock management across multiple sites.
• Act as a central point of contact and escalation for asset management
• Host and attend regular meetings with the customer to improve services and manage customer expectations
• Control IT assets at multiple sites, ensuring that administration of the storage, distribution, movement and disposal of assets is carried out under the agreed processes.
• Applies tools, techniques and processes to create and maintain an accurate asset register.
• Analyse the asset register verifying assets are in a known state and location
• Produces reports and analysis to support asset management activities and aid decision making.
• Conduct Asset Problem Management to identify problematic areas and offer solutions feeding back into internal and customer teams
• Plan, implement and drive regular asset and user audits across all sites and all storage locations
• Day to day team management (including performance, holiday and sickness)
• Documenting, maintaining, creating and developing asset management processes in line with customer requirements
• Ensuring changes to assets and services are appropriately and accurately controlled and recorded
• Work with the customer to capture agreed procedures to create and maintain an accurate register of assets
• Work with onsite management to develop and improve the service being provided
• Adhere, at all times, to company policies and procedures
• Producing monthly reports on asset management status and contributing to the overall service delivery reports and presentations
• Being prepared to work out of hours when required to do so
• Hands-on element in assisting the teams
• Assisting with infrequent large deliveries of stock/assets to assist with managing assets
• Handling asset queries and processing
• Contribute to activities of all onsite SCC teams as required
• Contribute to the Service Improvement Plans
Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
• A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
• Established coordination/organisation skills and the ability to interrogate data.
• A sound general understanding of different types of computing hardware and peripherals
• Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
• Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
• Ability to manage & create documents which are professional & articulate.
• Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
• Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments
• Previous team leading experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Knowledge of Managed Services methodologies
• General understanding of the IT industry and End User Computing
• Experience of working within/aligning to an ITIL environment
• ITIL Foundation Qualification
• Advanced Excel / data manipulation skill
Success in this role will be demonstrated through:
• Accuracy of the AMDB
• SLA’s being regularly met and/or exceeded
• Ability to evidence control of workload and team members
• Ability to demonstrate a level of control of asset management with positive reports and recovery plans where required
• Positive customer and end-user feedback