The role is a dual role, involving BAU work alongside a supervisory role for EUC Desktop Engineers.
The BAU element of the role includes, but is not limited to, first and second line fault resolution for software, hardware & VC equipment and IT hardware & software requests.
The role is to assist the delivery of IT Services to the end client through supply of contracted services and value add, and to deliver an effective and efficient customer focused service to all staff for SCC clients, meeting service level agreements and customer expectations.
- Main Duties of Job:
- Incident ownership and management
- First and Second Line support for software and hardware fault resolution
- Contribute to activities of all onsite SCC teams as required
- Team development and performance management.
- Analysis of IT requests, prioritising accordingly
- Planning and direction of own activities with minimal management supervision.
- Being prepared to work out of hours when required to do so.
- Acting as point of escalation for T2 support team
- Management of team attendance, in line with agreed process
- Proactive search for improvements & ensuring these are captured & progressed
- Work with onsite management to develop and improve the service being provided
- Adhere, at all times, to company policies and procedures
- To ensure safe working environment with regards to local fire, security and health & safety regulations
- Skills, Knowledge & Experience:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft desktop operating systems
- A customer-orientated approach with excellent communication and organisational skills.
- Ability to effectively influence and negotiate with personnel at various organisational levels.
- Strong analytical, creative problem solving and planning skills to achieve results.
- Ability to manage & create documents which are professional & articulate.
- Ability to prioritise, plan and meet deadlines.
- Ability to handle difficult and demanding customer environments.
- ITIL awareness