The Document Hub Sales Manager will identify and manage new business opportunities, build strong, long-term relationships with key clients and ensure that customer’s expectations are exceeded. The role is also aimed at managing the on-boarding of any new customers, the retention and growth of all customer accounts, and the support of the wider SCC sales community with any new business projects.
For more than 45 years SCC has been one of the UK’s leading technology companies. Working across both the public and private sector, we have supported our customers in bringing together technology, expertise and people to accelerate digital transformation and the modern digital workplace.
As part of these efforts SCC has established a market-leading Document Services division. With services spanning the entire spectrum of a customer’s document and data management requirement, we are a leading independent providing in the Document Services market.
Within the SCC Document Services division we have an established Shared Service Centre – Document Hub. Located in SCC’s Global Head Office campus, the Document Hub provides a mixture of document digitisation and production services to a range of customers.
To support a significant investment in the Document Hub, we are looking for Sales Manager to join our dedicated team. Working closely with the Document Hub General Manager, and wider Document Hub, Document Services and SCC community, the Sales Manager’s primary focus will be the generation of new business from both the existing SCC customer base and new customer opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have a successful history in business development in the scanning market. Primarily this will be in the development of new business, however will also be able to both develop opportunities from existing customers, and act as a sales support to the wider SCC sales community.
– Identify and manage scanning sales opportunities, from identifying prospects, making initial customer contact, appointing, through to brief taking, pricing and closing deals.
– Be able to effective prospect a market area, identifying potential companies with a profile which matched the capabilities of the SCC Document Services team
– Through a range of marketing tools, including cold-calling, be able to successfully make initial contact with prospect companies
– Appoint with prospect companies, articulating the company proposition and identifying customer projects
– From identification of potential customer projects, develop opportunities to the quotation stage
– Working with the Operational team, develop a commercial proposition for the customer
– Present commercial proposition and sell benefits of working with SCC, through to project award
– Identify new business and develop it into a sales opportunity promoting SCC and its services via leads, cold calls and site visits
– To monitor all accounts to ensure they receive a full, supportive sales service and identify growth areas
– Assist Customers to achieve their deadlines and provide the best service and solution for their individual needs
– Liaise with Operations team in preparing quotations and advise on pricing
– Provide customer pricing quotes in a timely manner, and where appropriate negotiating job quotes directly with the end-user, within the boundaries of the company pricing policy
– Position the SCC service range to fit customer needs
– Ensure that client contact database is updated with all conversations, agreements and opportunities
Key measures & targets
– Meet customer prospecting KPIs
– Meet customer quote KPIs
– Meet monthly and annual sales targets
– Liaise and develop relationships with key customers and other stakeholders
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
– Proven, successful track record in sales
– Proven ability in new business
– Working knowledge of scanning services
– Significant experience sales development including direct customer contact and objection resolution experience
– Demonstrate excellent problem analysis and problem solving skills
– Strong work ethic
– Smart, professional and punctual
– Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
– Numerate / able to produce statistics and business reports for internal and external use
– Self-confident with high level of personal impact tenacity
– Excel, Word and Outlook
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.