Distributed Support Engineer Grade 4
SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Distributed Support Engineer based in Warrington.
To attend customer sites to provide support on IT hardware and software products, within the required Service Level Agreement (SLA). To Work efficiently and proactively to deliver IT support services to a wide range of customers.
• To repair diagnose and replace PC’s, Laptops, Printers, Servers and retail equipment and associated peripherals.
• To perform desk side support to SCC clients as requested
• Complete part movements (RMA generation & physical movement) in a timely and accurate manner, returning items as directed by the Branch within company guidelines.
• Assist other engineers in the delivery of service to our customers.
• Cover site roles where required due to planned or un-planned absence
• Achieve KPI target of 5 visits / fix’s per day.
• Communicate with Call Administration and the Branch throughout the day to effectively manage all call details real time and gain full understanding of the customer’s SLA requirements.
• Utilise PDA to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required commit time, and reflect actual work done in real time by way of accurate and quality updates.
• Carry out any other reasonable request from your line management
• Be able to do customer rebuilds and configuration to desk
• Will carry out AV repairs and Printer repairs.
• Will be able to carry out IMAC projects with little supervision
• Participate in 24/7 coverage via a rota system
• Act as mentor to Grades 1 through to 3 Engineers
• May be expected to train on new technologies such as AV or Cisco.
• May be expected to step in for OTL on occasion and or to project manage.
• Be compliant with management system policies, company policies & guidelines and take responsibility for health & safety in the workplace
• Must be professional and presentable at all times.
• Must have full UK driving Licence where required to perform the role.
• Respond to any requests for information from your line management in a timely manner
• Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
• Be Familiar with customer policies and processes where applicable
• To be approachable and accepting of Training requirements in relation to the role.
• To maintain the skills and knowledge required to perform the role to the required standard
• Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.
• Company assets to be maintained in good working order and good general condition
• Practice quick win processes
Skills, Experiences, Qualifications
• Knowledge of PC, Laptop, Printer & associated peripherals operations
• Key Clients specific procedures
• Trained in Desktop/Laptop/Printers and Servers
• Excellent knowledge of common software products
• AV experience
• Excellent customer facing skills
• SC Clearance
• SCC Technical Test 85%
Then click the response button now!
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.