SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Deputy Security Supervisor to join the team in Birmingham.
Overall Job Purpose
Support the Security Supervisor to manage the dedicated in house security team which enables the business to deliver a secure working environment for all our employees, customers and to maintain the security of our Logistics, DC and Office site functions. Fulfil the role of Supervisor and take responsibility for the shift when the Supervisor is absent.
- Report directly to the Security Supervisor.
- Support the Supervisor and manage the day to day operations of Security team
- Resolve escalated security issues
- Using company systems to investigate incidents as directed
- Help training new staff / advise on training deficiencies within the team
- Ensuring compliance with policy & procedures
- Recording incidents through written reports and statements as required
- Maintain observation of all security systems and monitoring equipment, reporting any faults with said equipment immediately upon detection
- Control access/egress of all pedestrians and vehicles wishing to visit company premises by verifying badges, identity and issuing visitors passes when necessary
- Conduct daily searches (both personal and baggage) of all staff on arrival and departure in accordance with any agreed company procedure
- Accurately recording of all incidents in the appropriate way in accordance with company procedures
Skills, Experience, Knowledge
- Able to demonstrate in depth knowledge of security principles and relevant legislation that surrounds the position
- Ability to communicate with people at all levels
- Experience within a security supervisory position is advantageous
- You will be a team player with excellent communication skills.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.