SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Data Protection Analyst to join our team at our European Head Quarters in Birmingham.
The effective governance of data is critical to the ongoing success and reputation of the SCC group. The role of Data Protection Analyst will offer the successful candidate an exciting opportunity to work closely with the business across a broad range of activities (projects, new product developments, business processes, stakeholder advice and strategy) to ensure that data is managed effectively throughout its lifecycle.
We offer the opportunity to work in a challenging and fast paced environment, working on a subject matter that is key to the ongoing success of the SCC Group of companies.
You will be a key member of the newly formed Governance, Risk and Compliance (GRC) function and will be expected to work closely with Information Security and Internal Audit, who are also part of the GRC function.
You will support the Data Protection Manager on all data protection aspects across the business to ensure compliance to the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). In addition you will support on the implementation and maintenance of an effective data governance framework across the business.
You will be part of the team who are responsible for developing and implementing procedures to ensure compliance with legal, regulatory and contractual obligations.
Main Duties of the Job:
The Data Protection Analyst will report directly to the Data Protection Manager and will work with them to support SCC business functions in providing timely, consistent, accurate and clear advice on data protection practises and issues.
Many processes and procedures are already developed and in place to support the regulations but where new documentation is required you will be tasked in helping to develop this or ensuring the relevant departments have developed this and it is in place and audited for compliance.
- Review of data protection incidents and ensure correct closure and future prevention
- Assist in local GRC reviews and feedback from internal and external audits
- Help drive data protection and compliance awareness across the business
- Involvement in strategic data protection initiatives across the business
- Implementation of ongoing data protection related tasks, such as assisting with data subject rights requests or data privacy impact assessments.
- Review and analyse existing processes and practices and help to identify data protection risks and solutions.
The role is based at the James House location in Birmingham but may require occasional travel to customer sites and other SCC Group locations, which may include European travel when the SCC Group expands.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience in data protection (ideally GDPR) or related activity
- A self-starter, keen to learn and be proactive in driving forward data protection for the benefit of the business
- Operational support experience (preferably in a data protection or governance related position)
- Experience of liaising with customers and fielding their queries.
- Excellent communication and presentational skills
- Experience of communicating and working within multi-disciplined teams
- Work well under pressure, prioritise tasks to manage deadlines and be a self-motivated team player.
- To have SC security clearance or be able to undergo the process of SC clearance.
- Knowledge of data protection legislation
- A data protection (ideally GDPR) related qualification
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.