SCC is currently migrating data and information off legacy platforms and systems to newer technologies. As part of that migration project, SCC has undertaken an activity to cleanse data and define standards to control the information in the new systems.
The Data Governance function has been created to enforce the new standards across the new systems and make sure stakeholders responsible for their data comply.
The role of the Data Governance Administrator is to review the agreed standards via analysis and reporting tools to help identify any irregularities. Then working with the stakeholder / owner responsible for that data, ensure irregularities are rectified and the standards are aligned.
The role will assist with enforcing the governance standards across end to end operational workflows and processes. Working with stakeholders to ensure they understand the defined standards, naming conventions and associated industry best practices to maintain consistent and accurate information throughout its transactional lifecycle.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Build relationships with stakeholders, Data Stewards, Data owners and data Analysts across the business
- Assist in measuring data standards and adherence to data policies
- Perform analysis via reporting tools that helps identify issues with data inaccuracies / missing data / erroneous data
- Work with Business process Management and Data Analysts to define reporting requirements
- Assist Data Owners establish the rules for maintaining standards across their functions
- Manage “Active” contract data and recommend when contract data should be “Suspended”
- Maintain common data standards across functions
- Maintain glossaries of standards and definitions
- Maintain Model Data, Data Mapping models and their definitions
- Oversee access rules and access to data sources
- Assist in the management of Enterprise Information Models ( EIM )
- Participate and assist with providing feedback to Data Governance Steering groups
- Provide Dashboards that detail progress on Data accuracy and improvement initiatives
- Implement periodic reviews / audits at agreed frequencies for standard compliance
- Track progress with any improvement to standards and processes.
- Assist with any external compliance audits ( ISO 20,000 etc )
- Ownership and resolution of internal and external stakeholder challenges and concerns
- To ensure that all internal procedures are kept updated and comply with the required standards.
- Utilise SCC automated systems and tools to facilitate streamlined processes.
- Preparation of standard documents and procedures
- General administration duties required in managing the functional operation.
- Updating of the My SCC / SharePoint system as required/directed.
- Distribution of new procedures / processes
- Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Experience of working in an administrative / service role
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good maths skills
- Excel spreadsheet knowledge
- knowledge of data organisation / data models
- Understanding of analysis / demonstration of interpreting data
- Good organisational and time management skills
- Good ‘people skills’, for working with a range of colleagues and Customers.
- A professional manner
- The ability to work to targets