The Data Centre Services (DCS) Solutions Architect is based in the SCC UK Services Data Centre division and will take a leadership role in the delivery of complex bid responses and programmes of work. While the DCS Solutions Architect will report into the Consultancy business, your daily activities will be working as a member of the Data Centre Services Operations Team.
The role requires a close working relationship with both the Business Development teams and the DCS Operations Team to understand and communicate the applicability of SCC DC Solutions to a prospect¡¯s situation; and subsequently within projects to design and work as part of the DCS Operations Team to manage the overall architectural implementation.
SCC is the fastest growing division of Specialist Computer Holdings ¨C Europe¡¯s largest independent IT services group. We supply computer hardware and services to small/medium sized commercial organisations, nationwide.
As a company with a rich track record of delivering flexible and cost effective managed services, working with both private and public sector clients, this position is suited to an already successful consultant who wants to be part of a vibrant and progressive business.
This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to work with Europe¡¯s largest privately owned IT group. A rapidly expanding Microsoft Gold partner also partnered with Cisco, VMware, Symantec and Citrix, if you are looking for a organisation that offers an excellent working environment and some real scope for progression this could be the role for you.
Are you looking for … a secure and stable career with longevity, recognition and opportunity? As Europe¡¯s leading privately owned technology solutions provider, we can offer you exactly that. Our people are passionate, focussed, driven, determined, flexible and motivated and are richly rewarded for their commitment. If this sounds like what you¡¯re looking for, then we look forward to meeting you.
– The role requires detailed design skills specific to the Data Centre arena complemented by an architecture level appreciation of all relevant complimentary technologies
– Ensure that customer solutions are delivered within budget to the quality standards required
– The ability to propose and design specific solutions to individual sets of customer requirements
– The individual will be required to develop new solutions in response to market trends in the Data Centre arena
– A good understanding of Data Centre policies, processes and compliance standards (e.g. ISO27001 and ISO2000) is essential
– Development and delivery of technology driven Data Centre presentations to both large audience seminars and project workshop environments
– Maintain knowledge of delivery methodologies and technology roadmaps
– Maintain a broad understanding of competitive products and services
– Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry standards relevant to the role
– To adhere to all company policies and processes as communicated by line management in order to maintain corporate ISO accreditation levels
– To obtain and maintain technical accreditations as required by management in accordance with the guidelines provided by manufacturers and software vendors
– Act as a mentor and product champion in leading and developing other team members
– Form relationships with, and act as principal point of contact for appropriate supplier organisations
– Contribute to the overall Technical Strategic Direction of Data Centre services by working with the DCS Operations team and appropriate members of UK Services
– The architect will also look at the delivery aspects required to maintain the ongoing support of any new design and support the transition in to the SCH Data Centre to ensure the final solution is tested and compliant to DCS operations standards
Skills, knowledge and experience:
– Graduate or equivalent experience
– Highest level of Professional qualification in the chosen field
– 10 years plus relevant experience in the IT industry focused on delivering enterprise scale infrastructure solutions
– Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
– Experience in working with and defining delivery methodologies
– Extensive presentation experience
– An understanding of Project Management fundamentals
– Team player but with the ability to work unaided
– Professional appearance and manners
– Positive and constructive attitude in work related matters
– Strong hands-on technical capability
– Strong time management skills