We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our Data Centre services continues to grow both from existing and new customers, creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join us at our Birmingham Data Centre. SCC is looking to introduce an exciting & challenging new role within its Birmingham Data Centre Services to ensure the smooth introduction of new services. We are looking for someone with ambition, passion, commitment and a good work ethic who is career focused, this could be the next stepping stone to something much bigger.
ITIL, Service Design, Service Transition, Service Management, Data Centre & Technology awareness
As the Service Introduction / Integration Lead the role will be working with Solution Managers, Service / Solution Architects, Project, Transition & Operational Teams to ensure new business and in life service changes are successfully governed, implemented and improved on an ongoing basis.
This key role reports into the Service Governance function within a busy, dynamic and expanding department and the role underpins business change ensuring service growth, stability and efficiency.
· Ensuring new customers, changes or additions to live services are managed effectively, efficiently and diligently through SCC’s Delivery Lifecycle into business operational service.
· Ensuring the correct level of representation of SMEs and Service Owners is met during Service Readiness Reviews.
· Ensure that documentation is delivered, enhanced and evolved with each New Service and that the correct levels of due diligence & impact analysis are completed at each stage.
· Liaising with cross functional stakeholders.
· Ensure operational risks, issues and acceptance are identified, documented and tracked during integration into live service. Raise stakeholder awareness exercising a logical and pragmatic approach in an attempt to enable and overcome any such obstacles. In situations where this is not possible, risks and consequence are to be clearly identified and raised to key stakeholders before crossing the line into acceptance.
· Serve as the central governance and communications hub to all interested parties during Service Introduction, reporting of management information related to the pipeline of new Services and the status of delivery.
· Work with the wider Governance & Operational Teams to assist in the continual development of a standard Service Integration Framework, documentation set and lifecycle that are efficient and re-useable for all new services.
· Ensure a consistent governed approach in on-boarding new or changed services is adopted throughout the lifecycle.
· Identify process issues, problems and improvement opportunities upwards to Senior Management.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate will be a determined, tenacious and self-motivated individual with experience of working for a fast paced, dynamic business. An appreciation of working in operations and an understanding of the impacts of change across service and support departments.
· Must be highly organised and able to track, plan short and medium term objectives.
· A strong service, technical or operational background in order to identify Service opportunities or potential delivery problems – addressing them effectively and efficiently.
· This role will involve co-ordination and communication with various skilled groups and individuals within SCC, therefore the role requires high organisational, collaboration and excellent communication & presentation skills.
· An ability to get things done in a matrix environment through persuasion and influence.
· Passionate and enthusiastic about excellence and attention to detail.
· Ability to respond positively and calmly to shifting priorities, demands and timelines.
· Working knowledge of ITIL disciplines and their interfaces.
· Foundation ITIL qualification.
· Good understanding of Datacentre / Network architecture / Infrastructure for SME organisations and overall knowledge of public cloud & virtual environments, operating systems (Windows, UNIX, Linux) and operational management toolsets.
· Real World business experience in a fast paced environment
· ITIL Experience.
· Data Centre & Infrastructure understanding/experience.
· Project Management Certification.
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.