Reporting to the Data Centre Shift supervisor, this role requires demonstrable experience working with the critical infrastructure which supports a T3+ Data Centre. Systems experience must include; operation of electrical panels, switching schedules, HVAC, CRAC Units, chilled water plant (chillers) operation, UPS, generators and control systems.
This is a shift based role, following a four day or night shift and then four days off pattern.
Previous experience monitoring critical infrastructure through software tools such as; Schneider DCE, TREND 963 or Vison and Airedale ACIS is preferred and experience performing Daily Checks on critical infrastructure recording and reporting all potential faults and escalating when required.
This role will support the Facilities Manager/Supervisor in maintaining and installing data centre hardware including (but not limited to) racks, cold isle containment, lighting, Security and rack power supplies. The role holder will be responsible for escorting third party engineers on site and providing best practice advice on any cable installations undertaken.
- Support best practice and best in class M+E methodology ensuring rigorous and effective maintenance regimens are performed and maintained.
- Provide data reporting to Facilities Management.
- Provide proactive risk assessments and report any potential threats to service delivery.
- Support continuous improvement in organisation, productivity and quality within Facilities team.
- Work with Security to maintain and administer access control requests.
- Build strong relationships with other internal teams across SCC to promote and deliver quality DC services.
- Liaise with Incident, Problem and Change Teams and the wider DC Facilities teams to ensure Data Centre infrastructure changes are successful.
- Build relationships with our suppliers to gain knowledge of plant and equipment and keep up to date on M+E technology improvements.
- Demonstrable knowledge of CRAC Units, Chilled Water Systems, pumps and chillers.
- Hands on operational experience of Schneider UPS systems (Symmetra)
- Experience in operation of HV generator sets.
- Understanding of Power Management, BMS systems or similar applications
- Experienced in Fault Diagnosis and IST delivery
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills
- Skilled in crisis management, command and control.
- T3 Data Centre Service Delivery experience
- Electrical Engineer 18th Edition qualified
- Technical report writing skills
- A motivated team player, confident in a customer facing role to deliver excellent levels of service.
- Flexibility in working hours
- Full UK Driving License
- Remote hands/basic support of current IT equipment e.g. Cisco, HP, Dell, EMC, NetApp etc. Recognition of physical hardware and basic understanding of purpose.
- SC Security Cleared
- H.V. experience and any AP qualification
- Candidate must have excellent communication skills.
- Work closely with 3rd Party engineers and M+E contractors to ensure all tasks are completed to a professional standard.
- Microsoft Office skills in Outlook, Word and Excel.
Health & Safety:
- Ensure compliance to all Health & Safety policies in all areas. To support and operate a “Permit to Work” or similar control system.
- To follow best working practices in and around the Data Centre Critical Infrastructure.
- Support and follow our Electrical Safety Rules
- Maintain a safe and tidy environment to work in.