Overall Job Purpose:
Support the client’s estate of computers and peripherals within the client’s environment to ensure the contract SLA is maintained and customer satisfaction is maintained.
Main Duties of the Job:
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
Essential – Experienced IT Support engineer with Hardware Break Fix and Software / Operating System – Desk side Support experience.
- Previous experience in a site-based role with good printer and / or electromechanical experience.
We require good diagnostic and problem-solving skills combined with extensive hardware break fix experience on customer sites, primarily on Intel desktop, laptop and associated peripherals.
In addition familiarity with network operating systems, MS Office and have a good understanding of current Windows operating systems and using remote software would be ideal.
This is a Grade 3 engineering role so a candidate with a minimum of Three years’ experience is required preferably with manufacturers accreditations from HP / IBM etc.
Must have a full UK driving licence. Requirements to be physically fit, lift, carry and install IT equipment and peripherals, the role will also involve some IMAC work, software rebuilds, desk moves and telephone patching
Main Duties of the Job:
- To be based on a customer site working as a site support engineer, configuring applications and hardware on new and existing IT related devices, devices will include Desktops, Laptops, Thin Client, Printers, Servers, switches/routers and various other IT related devices.
- To attend required sites and provide timely, quality solutions to application and hardware problems reported by the customer. This will include reloading operating systems, building images, copying user data and other information, identifying required parts, replacing parts.
- To advise the customer of problems and keep them informed and updated of the planned resolution, escalate the call if necessary
- Proactively manage all calls efficiently.
- Report call information and part requirement accurately to relevant area coordinators.
- Utilise Company Phone to check and update allocated calls in a timely manner to achieve required commit time, and reflect actual work done in real time by way of accurate and quality updates.
- Acknowledge receipt of calls, manage, update and close calls using the agreed procedures and systems.
- To be able to start and finish work at such time to meet the required contracted Service Level Agreements.
- To perform duties consummate with the responsibly of the role and ad-hoc projects as required from time to time.
- Provide cover and support for other colleagues as and when required to do so
- Manage stock requirements including loan devices using the agreed procedures and systems.
- Provide support to VIP users, with a strict / tight sla
- Maintain Stock levels of Storeroom, carry out stock audits and order replacement stock
- Complete all allocated requests to SLA, maintaining a high customer satisfaction level in the process
- Provide assistance when required to third party IT support contractors when requested
- Carry out any other reasonable request duties from your line management
- Work a certain amount of overtime when required to do so.
- To be approachable and accepting of Training requirements in relation to the role.
- To maintain the skills and knowledge required to perform the role to the required standard
- Must be able to embrace new technologies and adapt to change.