SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating a real career opportunity for a Customer Success Manager in Birmingham.
The successful applicant will have a strong background on software licence consulting, customer budgeting and cost optimisation across multiple vendor licensing programs, not exclusive but including CSP, MSP, SPLA and on premise licensing models such as MPSA, EA, Select, VLA etc., and able to help SCC’s customers access and manage the ‘right’ cloud or none licensing solution, optimise spend, leverage reporting of usage and manage wastage. The successful individual will have a proven track record of License lifecycle sales and will be responsible for working with SCC’s account team in branch to manage SCC’s end-to-end sales and commercial engagement for all core software opportunities in this area including but not exclusively Microsoft, Citrix, VMWare, Symantec, etc.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Working for the SCC Software Sales leader with task management from the Software Customer Success team leader.
- Own and drive the “base growth” Software margin target for any given territory.
- Maximise client satisfaction by ensuring business outcomes are delivered “Post Sale” for every SCC SW client engagement. Provide advice and guidance to clients to ensure ongoing client success is achieved from every SCC SW client sale.
- Provide end-to-end provision of complex software quotes/cost modelling etc., expertly leveraging vendor licensing vehicles to the mutual benefit of our clients and SCC alike for all key or nominated software vendors
- Provide guidance to sales teams across numerous software vendors licensing programs
- Specific to Microsoft, ensure license mobility guidelines are followed and leveraged to ensure smooth transition from on premise licensing to any cloud platform (Azure, AWS, SCC’s Cloud+ & Sentinel platforms etc.)
- Help customers manage usage and consumption reporting (Azure/O365& AWS)
- Provide multi-vendor licensing roadmap services to SCC clients
- 1st point of contact for SCC’s incumbent licensing customers
- 1st point of contact for SCC account team for licensing configuration enquiry’s
- Engage directly with SCC clients and deliver knowledge transfer through engagements including ‘Welcome Workshops’ for new customers and on-going consultancy activates to ensure clients leverage maximum value from their software contracts and SCC are positioned intrinsically as a value partner
- Manage customer renewals in order to maximize the potential sales or value opportunities including specific up-sell and cross-sell activities as appropriate in order to continue to optimise customer licensing.
- Assist the SW Solution Specialist with the bidding process including assisting with response documents such as RFI, RFP proposal content.
- Drive partnership and collaboration with key vendors
- Assist the business with pipeline information from engagement activities to ensure customer opportunities captured on MYSCC (Internal CRM)
- Where relevant, own vendor portals or assist customers with portals from the various Software vendors in order to provide expected support to clients as a credible software supplier.
- Demonstrable sales skills to maximise cross sell and upsell opportunities
- Relevant industry knowledge across multiple software vendors AWS, Citrix, REDHAT, Veeam, Veritas and Microsoft
- Contribute to business innovation in terms provide better and simpler licensing options for Customers
- Understanding of data centre and cloud infrastructure management
- Experience speaking to financial aspects of on-premises and cloud infrastructure
- Solid understanding and proven track record in selling software licensing solutions that are tailored to meet a client’s needs and demands
- An ability to spot, qualify and leverage new licensing opportunities within incumbent and next accounts
- A strong understanding of technology, emerging technologies and the broader market outside software
- The ability to develop long term relationships as a trusted partner for SCC’s customers
- Expert in interpreting vendor licensing terms and conditions for the benefit of the customer
- “Can do “and “client First” attitude to all sales engagements regardless of bonus plan or internal job description.
- Demonstrable evidence of being able to operate within a “matrix” organisation, using collaborative skills to deliver optimised client outcomes by effectively working across organisational boundaries.
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.