SCC runs the IT for companies that serve you every day.
We partner with the world’s biggest technology providers such as IBM, Microsoft and HP, helping to power the devices you use for work and pleasure.
In fact, we do a lot for British infrastructure, keeping planes flying, trains running and roads moving. We work in schools, colleges, universities and across the NHS too, supporting the nation’s care and education as well as the places you shop and visit.
We plan, supply, integrate and manage IT so when people do business, we make IT work.
We are seeking a creative, talented and enthusiastic Content Writer to work within our Customer Engagement Team based in either our Birmingham, Bristol, or Bracknell office. You will be an integral part of this fast paced and dynamic team, which has a strong emphasis on delivering high quality content to both internal and external customers.
SCC offers the right person a fantastic career opportunity with a competitive salary and benefits within a successful £multi-billion international IT business. This role is advertised as a full time position but could be flexible on hours for the right candidate.
As a content writer you will be responsible for developing, maintaining and enhancing a content library, holding over 700 pieces of company and service specific information. The primary function of this role is to support our internal customers of the sales and services teams in the production of high quality customer facing responses and documents.
Working as part of a dedicated content team, the content writer will be responsible for:
- Indexing, cataloguing and managing the content of the library
- Working with internal teams to identify and implement improvements to the accessibility and contents of the library
- Becoming and remaining aware of the contents of the library to best advise requesters of the location and suitability of content to meet their enquiries
- Communicating the library’s content, updates and additions through the library news feed
- Writing new documentation based upon knowledge gained through discussion, internal communications and events
- Developing customer focused text including ad hoc brochure development
- Contributing to the identification of new work packages from interactions with the business
- Act as a decision maker in content reviews and submissions to determine the suitability of content
- Ensuring the content submitted and accepted conforms to the quality and standards of SCC
- General administration tasks
- Supporting bid activity including proofreading
- Contributing to the communication and marketing of the Customer Engagement Centre.
We are looking for:
- Excellent written English and grammar skills
- Strong proofreading and attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word, PowerPoint, Visio and Excel)
- Ability to manage multiple workloads and work to tight deadlines
- Confident in speaking with all levels of colleagues from across the business
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a good team player
- Experience of content writing.
- Experience of using a content management system
- Interest or knowledge of the technology sector
- A degree in a relevant subject – however previous experience is preferred.
We offer an attractive salary and benefits package together with excellent working conditions
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.