We are SCC – Specialist Computer Centres – Europe’s leading provider of IT services and solutions. Demand for our services continues to grow both from existing and new customers creating a real career opportunity for a talented individual to join our Birmingham based Configuration team as a Technical Planner.
Overall Job Purpose:
To transition customers IT build solutions and provide both customers and internal clients with an on-going administration support for configuration services, within the configuration centre.
Main Duties of the Job:
• Carry out resource planning.
• Carry out forecasting.
• Carry out capacity planning.
• Analyse and reporting of order completion rates, efficiencies and profitability.
• Support/Cover with Breakfix queries/reports when Senior Technical Administrator on leave.
• Support/Cover with day to day Scheduling/Admin aspects of the role.
• Support/Cover with day to day Technical aspects of the role.
• To maintain a 3 day SLA as per ISO20000 accreditation and as outlined in PDR
• Schedule configuration orders in line with Customer SLA’s and Delivery Dates
• Technical vetting of configuration orders prior to scheduling
• Liaise with PS and Sales force around BAU and Project accounts.
• Updating Project schedules on SharePoint
• To escalate issues regarding SLA and Production to the management team
• To ensure all day to day office duties are completed to Business standards
• Assess Back Office reports to ensure orders hit SLA
• Monitor and pickup tasks and ensure they are completed to SLA.
• Transition customer solutions into the configuration centre within the agreed SLA
• Create and technically vet procedures for all new customer solutions within agreed SLA
• Liaise with Customers and Group IT to setup VPN connections into the facility
• Provide day to day support internally to the operational teams within SCC
• Support and maintain the Configuration Centres internal infrastructure
• Carry out patchwork activity for new customer or carry out changes to existing infrastructure
• Create Specific PDA project to capture customer data
• Create asset reports with IT conforming to customer agreed standards.
• Comply with all Health and Safety requirements within the Configuration Centre
• To ensure all day to day office duties are completed to agreed standards
• Adhere to the configuration centres ISO accreditations standards that support this job role function.
• Assist the Operational Management in the daily running of the Configuration Centre, through the above and any other duties as necessary.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
• Excellent communication Skills
• Excellent presentation Skills
• Knowledge of multiple hardware/vendors i.e. Desktops/Laptops/Servers, HP/Lenovo etc.
• Knowledge of IT products essential, ideally accreditations such as MCSE, MCP.
• CompTIA Server+ (Advantageous)
• Understanding of network processes
• Understanding of ISO processes & procedures
• MS Office and Excel Skills
• The ability to gain Security Clearance