SCC – Specialist Computer Centres is the leading IT services organisation in Europe.
We have been established for over 40 years and have a turnover in excess of £3 billion.
Our business continues to grow creating an opportunity for a Configuration Engineer to join the team in Birmingham.
Main Duties of the Job:
- Aligned to all Configuration service production areas and break/fix imaging services.
- Carry out QA Duties as and when required
- First Aid , Fire Warden and spillage team duties
- Mentor new starters and assist with training
- To test and configure a variety of products, to the customer’s specific requirements when expressed, within the agreed group timescales.
- To test and configure a variety of products to the manufacturers written instructions, ensuring satisfactory operation.
- Assisting others pro-actively or upon request to ensure service levels and efficiency is maintained.
- To escalate to Supervisor/Management any non-conformances within the agreed timescales.
- To capture all required build data and status updates, onto the relevant business system that supports that service.
- To undertake Health and Safety activities commensurate with post and or SCC Group Health and Safety Policy
- To Maintain your work area and ensure care of Company property used
- Lifting of multiple devices varying in weights from around 3kg for Laptops to 60kg for server technology
- Working to KPI’s varying dependant on configuration, order type and weight of items.
- To assist the Configuration Manager in the daily running of the Commissioning Complex, through the above and any other duties as necessary.
Skills Knowledge & Experience:
- BTEC/NVQ in PC
- CompTIA A+ or at least 2 years’ experience handling IT equipment in a similar role
- Server+ passed or planned
Then click the response button now !
At SCC, we take the privacy and security of your information very seriously, any information we hold will be in accordance with current data protection legislation.