This is an excellent opportunity for a solicitor to join Specialist Computer Centres – one of Europe’s largest independent Information Technology services business, with over 2,500 customers in more than 50 countries.
The business operates from 75 locations in the UK, France, Spain and Romania, however, this specific legal role will be UK based only and headquartered in Birmingham and is required to assist the UK company in its contractual arrangements with customers and suppliers to plan, supply, integrate and manage IT for leading public and private sector businesses across the UK.
You will have a Commercial legal background potentially with some in-house legal experience.
You will be part of a team of 3 In-house lawyers currently (including the Head of Legal) that primarily support the business in concluding, negotiating and managing its numerous and varied IT contractual arrangements.
You will be involved in many different opportunities from smaller transactions to multi million pound projects and liaise with stakeholders at all levels to achieve business objectives.
Primarily you will be responsible for:
- Leading, supporting and collaborating with a range of colleagues to meet the business’s legal needs, providing commercial and pragmatic solutions at pace in a complex environment, to inform and promote business goals and ensure legal compliance.
- Drafting, reviewing, negotiating and reporting on a wide range of commercial IT contracts with suppliers/sub-contractors in line with governance requirements
- Assisting bid teams with contractual responses to formal competitive tenders/opportunities with customers
- Assisting supplier management teams with the conclusion of contracts with suppliers and sub-contractors and ensuring adherence to the company’s “Supplier Code of Conduct”
- Providing legal support for business compliance teams on regulatory issues such as data protection, modern slavery and anti-bribery and corruption.
Profile of the right individual:
- A commercially minded lawyer, qualified in England & Wales, with at least 1-3 years PQE.
- Experience gained in a premium law firm, or large corporate
- First class technical knowledge, able to balance legal and commercial requirements at pace.
- Enthusiastic, proactive and focused individual able to work independently without extensive supervision.
- An excellent communicator, comfortable influencing stakeholders at all levels.
- A self-starter with a willingness to innovate and determination to improve.
The company retains in-house the majority of its commercial contracts including all high level strategic opportunities so you will have an excellent opportunity to grow and extend your current experience and skills liaising with stakeholders at all levels within the business.